When Men Were Men

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Added to my orignal post (#9).

I got a shot of my favorite poster art. Reminded me of Leroy Neiman's art.

IMG-20120113-00076.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Man...Those guys raced! I can't believe how many times I saw them swap positions in just the short clips shown. A lot of that racing was done real close to the edge too. I definately don't see much of that these days.

After reading that article, maybe those guys are right. Less tech and more true racing by the riders would definately separate the men from the boys.

Man...Those guys raced! I can't believe how many times I saw them swap positions in just the short clips shown. A lot of that racing was done real close to the edge too. I definately don't see much of that these days.

After reading that article, maybe those guys are right. Less tech and more true racing by the riders would definately separate the men from the boys.
Yep, git rid of the electronics and put the control in the riders right hand. Will separate the men from the boys.

dont forget freddy spencer and eddie lawson
Oh HELL YEAH!!

Big names from MY era!

Not taking anything away from Schwantz or Rainey, but Freddy or Eddie would have eaten them for lunch, and not bothered to spit out the bones!!
I assume you have some comparative lap times or something so we know you just aren't farting out your keyboard?

Oh HELL YEAH!!

Big names from MY era!

Not taking anything away from Schwantz or Rainey, but Freddy or Eddie would have eaten them for lunch, and not bothered to spit out the bones!!
I assume you have some comparative lap times or something so were know you just aren't farting out your keyboard?
Please Wheatie, an A-bomb could not stop RadioHowie from farting out of his keyboard. It'd be easier to cure cancer!

Oh HELL YEAH!!

Big names from MY era!

I assume you have some comparative lap times or something so we know you just aren't farting out your keyboard?
Screw that...I'll just live with my memories...real OR imagined! :p

Didn't Freddy spencer and Kenny Roberts have some great GP duals or was that Lawson ? been along time ago..

Remember Kenny flat tracking racing a 3 cylinder 2 stroke once, he parked it and said they didn't pay him enough

to ride that thing....yep thats when men were men and the ladys were glad of it.....