where to buy black 3M reflective strips for side cases?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GA700

Reaction score
I have see the 3M black reflective material already precut for the fjr side cases and cannot remeber where.

Does anyone have any idea where to find such a thing?

Thanks,

I just bought some large 3M reflective strips at Canadian Tire and cut them to fit the back of the bags. I ahve even received a positive comment or two.

I have see the 3M black reflective material already precut for the fjr side cases and cannot remeber where. Does anyone have any idea where to find such a thing?

Thanks,

Ebay. Though there is no listing for them right now. There usually is, so keep checking.

Forum member "Alex" is the one that makes them and sells them on ebay, so I would try PM'ing him.

You can also get them here:

Link

Not sure how the price compares, but I like the look of mine

$28.78 shipped (includes CA sales tax :angry2: )

Call me an FNG, but I thought I had seen something out here (can't find it now) with the reflective material having the FJR logo on it (in it?).

Are those still being made? Anyone know what I'm talkin' about and have an idea??

Be fiscally prudent and creatively wild! Buy your own tape and cut it to your heart's desire!

https://www.bikes-n-spikes.org/mods/tape/tape.html
"Black Reflective" is currently sold out...
I'd say check back occasionally or ask someone who already bought some. There's enough in 1 roll to do at least 2 bikes. I gave my excess to one of the local FJR owners back when I bought mine. As for pre-cut, there's several people doing different things. The trick with the bulk is that you can trim it to shape as you see fit (short of a complex die cut FJR logo or such). It depends on what you're looking for. Additional reflective material or a fashion statement. ;)

--update--

just checked Gall's and they state clearly when they will be back in stock: 7/24/06.

Last edited by a moderator:
Call me an FNG, but I thought I had seen something out here (can't find it now) with the reflective material having the FJR logo on it (in it?). Are those still being made? Anyone know what I'm talkin' about and have an idea??
You're correct sir...I cannot speak to availability, but this is the site...Alex from this forum.

Reflective coolness

got my 4"wide Black Scotch retroreflective tape from Galls.com and it was their part #DE183 BLK REF REFLECTIVE STRIPING 4IN X 60IN $14.99. In the daytime U can barely see it but it is highly visable to someone when their headlights shine :rolleyes: on it. Careful when sticking it on to not get air bubbles in it. I just did a search for this part number & it's still there. U will start getting a catalog from them every few months. later,,, De

Here is the email for the guy that makes them for the FJR with the logo...I put them on both my FJRs and they really make a difference at night and they look cool. I can't find the web site but I'm sure he can point you to it.

Alex Johnson <[email protected]>

Call me an FNG, but I thought I had seen something out here (can't find it now) with the reflective material having the FJR logo on it (in it?).

Are those still being made? Anyone know what I'm talkin' about and have an idea??
You're correct sir...I cannot speak to availability, but this is the site...Alex from this forum.

Reflective coolness
Oops, somebody did put the link. Click on the 'reflective' link. He has two styles-IMHO I like the ones without the tuning fork

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get the black reflective tape with Yamaha Logo on it - on ebay. Usually on there at around $20.00.
Yep, I just put them out on Ebay Friday again. I'm in the process of redesigning and expandign my website https://webpages.charter.net/alexfjr/. It is tough finding other bikes to make kits for in my area. As for the links above to tankslapper....... gee, looks exactly like the set I made for my bike back in 2003. Ohh well, I checked into getting patents on some of my designs on things other than vinyl and they start at $5K, each. I'm also working with Yamaha to get written approval to use their logos. It's a long process, but I feel it is worth trying to become legit.

Thanks all,

Alex

As for the links above to tankslapper....... gee, looks exactly like the set I made for my bike back in 2003.
Sorry if I offended you with the tankslapper link. If you offered a logo free design I would have bought from you. Maybe others prefer the no-logo look as well?

I bought stickers & patches :D

As for the links above to tankslapper....... gee, looks exactly like the set I made for my bike back in 2003.
Sorry if I offended you with the tankslapper link. If you offered a logo free design I would have bought from you. Maybe others prefer the no-logo look as well?

I bought stickers & patches :D

Actually the logo free design is no problem at all. I'll update the site and set the price $2.50 cheaper! That's

$19.50 shipped to those in the US, $23 for those overseas.

Also, if anyone has any special requests, I would be more than happy to work with you.

Thanks

Alex