Which color Goldwing?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which color?

• Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Titanium

• Metallic Red

• Total voters
I'd vote for yellow too, but it ain't there...

Otherwise what Bounce said on black and red ...

and silver goes well with the color of the owners hair that rides these Buicks with two wheels........

KM

The titanium on the Honda web site does look kinda "champagne" colored (not such a good thing IMO):

Gold_Wing_2_titanium.jpg

and there are two Reds. Ticket me red:

Gold_Wing_2_red_metallic.jpg

and a burgundy red that almost looks like the '07 FJR:

Gold_Wing_2_dark_red_metallic.jpg

But what about pearl white? Safer and good looking...

Gold_Wing_2_pearl_white.jpg

Galaxy Blue! :yes:

Of all the Wings I've seen on the road I like the yellow ones best. My second choice would be white. In fact the FJR would look good in white too.

However, out of the ones you like, I voted for red.

Last edited by a moderator:
To my eyes, bright "sporty" colors on a Wing look about as good as a yellow Lexus or Mercedes.

Go with classy and understated for a big luxury bike you're going to live with a long time. Titanium. Hiding dirt is a further benefit. And light colors are subject to much less paint deterioration and fading over time.

That being said, I'd buy a used one. These things really take it in the shorts on depreciation the first couple years - let someone else take the huge hit. Most Wings are very well cared for.

- Mark

everything looks better in black.

everything is better in black.

besides, black is slimming!

"I only wear black until they come up with something darker..."

...it's why I didn't get an FRJ sooner...had to wait for them to make it in the right color...

That being said, I'd buy a used one. These things really take it in the shorts on depreciation the first couple years - let someone else take the huge hit. Most Wings are very well cared for.
- Mark
I usually do and was looking to do that but Lawrenceville Honda a few miles away has them dicounted to $16,500 for the base model (I don't want heated seat or GPS as I have a Zumo and will replace the seat).

Steve

I have never been a big fan of Red, and the black gets damn hot and shows every single piece of dirt. I would go with the Ti given the choices you listed. otherwise I still like the bright Yellow the y offered when the 1800's first came out. they are load, but it helps the idiots on the roads see you. Get it in the blue that is almost the same as the FJR!

Isn't it called "Bass Boat Blue?" (Inside joke from ADVRider)

Loved that Orange/Copper color they had on Wings, ...maybe that was just a last years color! Wish they'd put it on the '08 FeeJeR, Yowsa!

So what did you decide DB?

Found out this past weekend that my uncle is getting a new Wing and is going through the same debate as you right now!

Gotta go black. It's classy, always is in style, and hides the bulk of the bike. It's also stealthy. I think. :)

Downside: Black is a complete bitch to keep clean. Had a black Intruder, a black Harley Ultra, and now a black CBR. *Sigh*

Oh well. You can't see the bugs when you're riding it!

Originally I had planned to add another Golwing and keep the FJR. Since then my old hip/back injury pain has returned so the FJR is gone and its back to just the wing. I had a dark cherry wing in '05 and really liked the color so I went with what is now called Dark Metallic Red for '08.

Great bike out of the box. Not as fun as sport/sport touring in the corners but I knew that after putting 25,000 miles on a '03 wing and again on the '05 wing. A great all day bike on every road.

Look for my review later but here's some pix:

wing_4.jpg

wing_6.jpg

wing_7.jpg

wing_2.jpg

Steve

Nice bike, Steve. I almost bought a wing instead of the FJR, but decided to go a little more sporty. Mrs. Twisty wanted the wing...I think she still does. Maybe someday.

Nice bike, Steve. I almost bought a wing instead of the FJR, but decided to go a little more sporty. Mrs. Twisty wanted the wing...I think she still does. Maybe someday.

Mike,

You and your wife would love it with all the 2up riding you do. I sold my '03 wing and got a ST1300 with top box/backrest. My wife rode on it once. I sold that and got the '05 Goldwing and she was happy to ride with me again. Sold that for FJR and again she rode with me once. I've had the "08 wing a week and she's already called her parents and asked if they would watch the kids next weekend so we could go for a ride!

I know I'll miss the FJR, I miss all the bikes I've sold but with my back/hip I'm just thankful to be able to ride the wing and really enjoy all it has to offer.

Lets go for a ride soon,

Steve

Mike,

You and your wife would love it with all the 2up riding you do. I sold my '03 wing and got a ST1300 with top box/backrest. My wife rode on it once. I sold that and got the '05 Goldwing and she was happy to ride with me again. Sold that for FJR and again she rode with me once. I've had the "08 wing a week and she's already called her parents and asked if they would watch the kids next weekend so we could go for a ride!

I know I'll miss the FJR, I miss all the bikes I've sold but with my back/hip I'm just thankful to be able to ride the wing and really enjoy all it has to offer.

Lets go for a ride soon,

Steve
I'm a bit confused. You say your wife wanted you to go out and ride the sport touring bikes without here and yet you sold them in favor of Goldwings that she liked? :blink:

Just kidding... sort of. I mean, getting the bike you are more comfortable makes all the sense in the world. Getting the bike your SO wants to sit on, not so much.

Good luck with the new bike. It is pretty.