Which Helmet MFG for good venting and less buffeting

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austinx007

Reaction score
I was wanting to get opinions on Helmets that work good in the sit up postion, (FJR) and has great venting/cooling.

Too many choices. Help me narrow it down PLEASE.....

Shoei Qwest quiet and smooth. Vents are designed for upright seating. Venting open does sacrifice noise reduction.

I was wanting to get opinions on Helmets that work good in the sit up postion, (FJR) and has great venting/cooling.

Too many choices. Help me narrow it down PLEASE.....
Not tried many makes (Shoei, Caburg, Schuberth. The Schuberth C3 has given me the quietest (but not silent), best vented (but slightly increases noise and can let the odd insect in).

I strongly suspect helmets are as difficult a choice as windscreens when it comes to individuals and airflow (and, of course, are affected by windscreen type and adjustment).

Helmets are a very personal choice. I have had very good luck with the line of Shark helmets. Extremly good ventilation and reasonably quiet. Air flow thru the helmet is good enough that it leaves grooves in my hair when I remove the helmet.

The Shoei Qwest was recommended by my dealer and the consensus of those who've tried it seems a good choice for reasonable sound isolation and ventilation. I would buy another when mine wears out unless something else came along that was another level quieter. I still need to wear earplugs at highway speeds but the headphone pockets allow the needed extra room for both plugs and headphones.

After 30+ years riding I finally found a helmet that does it all for me. Bell RS1.

Well, I'm about as undecided as before...... I did try the Quest on Saturday and liked it. The salesman told me that the difference in temperature between the white and black (gloss) was .03%, very little. Now the matte black was on the average 4-5 degrees hotter. Just interesting to know.

Thanks for all the replies and info.

Now, who has the best price and service??

How about the

Shoei Multitec Modular Helmet?? Anyone have this helmet? Opinions?
BINGO!!!! I've had three of them. I thought my HJC Sy-Max was OK until I put on the MultiTec. Not Even Close.

I can't live without the convenience of a Flip Up. It's Awsome! Smooth as Silk at All Speeds. You'll Love it. :clapping:

Tough to give advice on helmets since really it's your damn head! Not all helmets, obviously, fit the same so it is really impossible to say what would be best for you. The Schuberth's don't feel comfortable to me along with Bell. I found that Shoei fits my head best and with some smaller cheek pads I fell in love with my latest. Again, try em all on if you can and let your head decide. A little noise or buffeting can be smoothed out via the screen or other adjustments. I always went for long term head comfort over anything else.

How about the

Shoei Multitec Modular Helmet?? Anyone have this helmet? Opinions?
What size do you wear? I've got a silver one in small that i'll give you a smokin' deal on.

That is what I was riding with before I upgraded to my Schuberth. It is a good helmet, just not as good as the Schuberth. The Schuberth is lighter, quieter, more aerodynamic, has a built in drop-down sun visor and comes with a pin lock system for the shield. The Schuberth is also twice the price of the Shoei.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love my Multitec. Noise is too subjective to qualify...wish the liner was removable though...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone for all the good info. I did a lot, tried on many and decided on the Shoei Multitec-In black of coarse-with an extra smoked visor and visor protective bag.

Awesome helmet and the thing just works.