Which Ram Mount holder for Samsung Galaxy phone?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barry, a few of us have owned both the X-mount in addition to the style you have. That probably gives us an opportunity to be pretty objective.

I for one have nothing to gain if someone prefers one over the other. The X-mount costs twice as much as your mount. And it's totally worth it...at least in my case. A side note: it really does not matter for what type of vehicle the X mount may have originally been designed. The X mount is remarkably secure on the FJR...actually more secure than the older designs.

<<<<<< has a shity mount. Dont buy this one it sucks. Point taken. HA Dont get so butthurt people. Everyone likes what they use.

<<<<<< has a shity mount. Dont buy this one it sucks. Point taken. HA Dont get so butthurt people. Everyone likes what they use.
No butt pain here, or at least none cause by your post
unsure.gif

I would never claim the X-Mount is "BY FAR" the better choice.... Even though it is
tongue.gif

Dang, I could have sworn this thread was more recent than this. Hrm...

Anyway, finally got around to getting an x-mount. It arrived yesterday. Bad timing since I'd spent 30 minutes that morning to go one mile in the crappy Dallas traffic due to an accident that closed 635 down to one lane. I mounted up the x-mount, figured out how to keep my screen from going black and this morning I enjoyed my commute with google maps up showing my route with traffic overlay. Here's a picture of me riding AROUND yet another accident closing the very same highway down to one lane again this morning. Thankfully I was able to keep my maps up and see the issue with enough time to escape and take the back roads around! Win!
biggrin.png

+1 on the X mount. I have been using it for several yrs. and I ride year round.

Positives:

• It accommodates so many devices (phone/GPS/etc). Never have to update my cradle when I buy a new phone.
  • Highly configurable. I have 2 RAM mount points on my bike, I like that I can put the X mount on either of them.
Negatives:

• X Mounts get stolen easily if left unsecured. RAM Makes a lock that can be attached, but it is BIG.

This what I use for my Samsung Galaxy S2:

RAM-B-174-AQ6U

Linky

I built a sun screen and use it for:

Navagation

XMRadio

Phone Calls

It Connects to AutoCom Bluetooth Dongle as soon as I fire up the motor. Its hard wired with a charge cable and a 90 deg Micro usb conector adaptor on one end of the coiled cable and a SA connector on the other end, the 12v=>5v box fits in the Ram Box behind the phone. I custom cut some high density foam to fit and hold the display out to the surface of the Ram Box then I just made a slit in the index finger of the glove to slip the tip of my finger out and wala touch screen works:)

I'll post picks later.

This what I use for my Samsung Galaxy S2:RAM-B-174-AQ6U

Linky

I built a sun screen and use it for:

Navagation

XMRadio

Phone Calls

It Connects to AutoCom Bluetooth Dongle as soon as I fire up the motor. Its hard wired with a charge cable and a 90 deg Micro usb conector adaptor on one end of the coiled cable and a SA connector on the other end, the 12v=>5v box fits in the Ram Box behind the phone. I custom cut some high density foam to fit and hold the display out to the surface of the Ram Box then I just made a slit in the index finger of the glove to slip the tip of my finger out and wala touch screen works:)

I'll post picks later.
P1070859.jpg

P1070857.jpg

My coworker and I both have the x mounts for our galaxy 3. Great mounts

Well, you might adjust your screen brightness. I have mine set to auto when I'm on the bike. I still can't see it on my way home with the sun shining over my shoulder directly on the screen.