Why do I put up with this ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FredandJeannesRacer

Reaction score
I keep asking myself why do I put up with these problems that my FJR is putting me through?

First it was the top box mounting bracket.

Then it was the ECU recall.

Next was the herky jerky, on again off again throttle.

Fixed that with a PC III.

Now the ignition switch goes out.

Did a temporary fix for that.

If this was any other bike, it would be gone, traded in, history.

But no, not this bike. Not my FJR. Not my baby.

Is love blind?

Love may be blind.

My 04 had the tick and I still love it. Just can not seem to find another bike that I like. Every day that I get to ride it I love it all over again. Of course the days of riding for the season are coming to a close. S*!% is on the way.

Neal

Just happy they have recalls and take care of them. The ignition switch sounds like your only real problem and I'm on my third one. Also a pretty simple fix. I guess that's why I enjoy my FJR. Not sure what I'd replace it with that would give me as much satisfaction . . . Find something better for yourself & stop the sufferring ! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep asking myself why do I put up with these problems that my FJR is putting me through?First it was the top box mounting bracket.

Then it was the ECU recall.

Next was the herky jerky, on again off again throttle.

Fixed that with a PC III.

Now the ignition switch goes out.

Did a temporary fix for that.

If this was any other bike, it would be gone, traded in, history.

But no, not this bike. Not my FJR. Not my baby.

Is love blind?

My Blue Dragon:

1 crash, pinned under bike = Broken leg

3 tip overs

+

1 tip over pining me under it = bruses on leg and hip.

It's either love or stupidity...

On my recent road trip after being on the bike for 3 hours, I stopped at Mickey D's.

Upon leaving, pushing the bike backwards out of the parking spot, it wasn't co-operating and

I said to the bike jokingly, (yes I talk to my bike) "Come-on Hoss, You're going to be the death of me yet".

Then something in my head went SNAP, a reality check, "Hey! I shouldn't say that, it could happen, that's not funny!" :eek:

I was going to start a new thread, but this seems to be a good spot to spout the bike love.(lol)

I haven't ridden my bike since EOM, three weeks ago. Due to a back injury at work, I was unable. Today the weather in Northern Michigan is beautiful, sunny 76 degrees. Since I hurt my back I had been spending a lot of time over at ADVrider, reading the ride reports, and dreaming of a BMW 1200GS, or a KTM 990.

Anyway, since I was feeling a little better today, I went to the garage and sat on the FJR to see if I could hack a ride. After a few minutes I took it off the centerstand and wheeled her out of the garage. Put on the gear and went for a short spin. My back was still hurting, but within a minute I realized why I bought this bike. A short 20 mile ride was enough to put a smile on my face. The plans for next years riding started forming in my mind. I don't need no stinkin adventure bike, this bike takes me on an adventure.

Though it was a short ride, and my back is hurting at the moment, I am still lovin this bike. (No not that way, Odot)

Sadly, the dreaded winter will soon be upon us. But I have winter time farkling to look forward to!

Chris

Pick another bike - of any mfr. Then go spend a few hours going through their forums and you'll find the same kind of issues...

K C14 - problems with the Key-Pass (or whatever they call it), Problems with the rear drive, problems with the cases falling off...

Goldwing - cracked frames, cooling fans running the wrong direction, saddle-bag latches freezing up, anti-dive valve freezing up....

BMW (any BMW) - rear drive failing, jerky throttle response (newer K model), premature brake pad wear....

I'm sure I've not covered anywhere near all of the issues even on those bikes - these are just the ones that come to mine quickly.

Chris,

I'm but 90 minutes south of ya an I didn't park me scoot till Jan. 7th last year.....

Quit bein a gurl!

:jester:

Oh ya shoulda at least bought gas, $2.91 a gallon in these parts today. 200 miles just so I could fill up with the cheap ass stuff!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris,I'm but 90 minutes south of ya an I didn't park me scoot till Jan. 7th last year.....

Quit bein a gurl!

Oh ya shoulda at least bought gas, $2.91 a gallon in these parts today. 200 miles just so I could fill up with the cheap ass stuff!!
I guess the Chinese ain't using as much gas lately. :yahoo:

Chris,I'm but 90 minutes south of ya an I didn't park me scoot till Jan. 7th last year.....

Quit bein a gurl!

I was trying to think of a good response to this, but hell I got a run in my stockings. Shit.

:p