"Why Would Anyone Want To Live In California?"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P.S. Keep out. We like it the way it is. Did I type that out loud?

P.S. Keep out. We like it the way it is. Did I type that out loud?

My BIL moved from here to San Diego when he got called for their PD about 30 years ago. Says when they moved there it was a nice town. When they moved out it was a nice city. They've been enjoying the Sandhills of N.C. for the last several years.
What was your relative's name that worked for the PD?

My BIL moved from here to San Diego when he got called for their PD about 30 years ago. Says when they moved there it was a nice town. When they moved out it was a nice city. They've been enjoying the Sandhills of N.C. for the last several years.
What was your relative's name that worked for the PD?
Why? Does he have some payback coming?
smile.png

PM incoming.

Interesting timing on this subject as I've been looking over our retirement planning lately and everything I've read about retiring in California says to move to AZ. Funny thing, we moved back here FROM AZ (lived there for 15 yrs.), about 6 years ago for work and to be closer to family. Both being native Californians, we know the state and have always enjoyed the recreation and weather. Being raised on a ranch and being very conservative, we find we're often in the minority as this is truly the "Land of fruits and nuts". High taxes and politics aside, this place is awesome with world class riding, both dirt and street, within 20 minutes of our house. We can go camping/riding at just about any time of the year, whether it's high in the Sierras or along the coast, the weather here somewhere is usually conducive to outdoor activities. Sure, the cites are crowded, but our town has a population of 250 and we're 8 miles out of town so rush hour here is watching the cattle on the hill across from us hustling to dinner! I just took the below picture off my front porch looking south and realized again what a beautiful place this is and all we need to do to complete the going green process is to recycle the state legislature!

Southview_zps89a4f670.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
California is a horrible, horrible place. Crowded, lots of traffic, full of liberals and illegal aliens. Stay away!

California is a horrible, horrible place. Crowded, lots of traffic, full of liberals and illegal aliens. Stay away!
Once the State of Jefferson is founded, there would be no need to deal with the fruity and nutty liberals and illegal aliens, and yet enjoy the best motorcycling that God has to offer.
wink.png

Interesting timing on this subject as I've been looking over our retirement planning lately and everything I've read about retiring in California says to move to AZ. Funny thing, we moved back here FROM AZ (lived there for 15 yrs.), about 6 years ago for work and to be closer to family. Both being native Californians, we know the state and have always enjoyed the recreation and weather. Being raised on a ranch and being very conservative, we find we're often in the minority as this is truly the "Land of fruits and nuts". High taxes and politics aside, this place is awesome with world class riding, both dirt and street, within 20 minutes of our house. We can go camping/riding at just about any time of the year, whether it's high in the Sierras or along the coast, the weather here somewhere is usually conducive to outdoor activities. Sure, the cites are crowded, but our town has a population of 250 and we're 8 miles out of town so rush hour here is watching the cattle on the hill across from us hustling to dinner! I just took the below picture off my front porch looking south and realized again what a beautiful place this is and all we need to do to complete the going green process is to recycle the state legislature!

Southview_zps89a4f670.jpg
While this is an interesting thread, And i wish i could inject my opinions here (Sandy Eggo born and raised), We really need to leave out the politics. PLEASE.

Thank you.

Sorry, GB. My "liberals and illegal aliens" comment was just a tongue in cheek troll for Puppychow, and he skilfully took the bait like the pro he is. Nothing to see here politically, just having a little fun. :)