WIlber Shock Adjustment

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HondaCBX6

Reaction score
I have the Wilbers installed. The fronts I can fiddle with. But the rear was all the way to soft when I got it. How many turns is max from soft? Is there a stop? I don't feel clicks like the rebound under the shock, should I? How much adjustment is there in the knob for the rear shock?

John

It has 22 clicks. Back it all the way out, then wind it in 11. START there and adjust one click at a time. You can also crank that little knurled knob on the bottom of the shock. One click up made a huge change for me.

Go here for fine tuning: https://www.section8superbike.com/suspensionsetup.php

The fact that you don't feel the clicks is common. Some you can actually hear! Mine, I must turn very slowly to feel the dedents. Dunno why and I never called Klaus to ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine came from Klaus adjusted pretty well. After a couple of weeks I moved the damping knob, on the bottom of the shock, one click and haven't touched it since.

I have a bad back and the stock Yamaha shock was killing me.

Last edited by a moderator:
While we are talking about setup, how do you determine level. Should that be set level on top of the gas tank with your common loading? That is the only flat spot I see. I put the Wilbers on and my headlights seem too high.

While we are talking about setup, how do you determine level. Should that be set level on top of the gas tank with your common loading? That is the only flat spot I see. I put the Wilbers on and my headlights seem too high.

After I installed my Wilbers my fueal cell wouldn't feed all the fuel. Anothr wilbers install with a cell had the same thing happed. I believe the total shock height is lower than stock. Thus the reason for higher lights and the gravity feed of the cellnot working properly.