Windsheild question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own a 2007 FJR and looking to replace the stock windshield. I would like something similar in size and clear.

How is this brand?

https://www.ceebaileys.com/

Are there other brands that might be better?

Thanks,
I have a Cee Baileys lightly smoked grey that is 4" taller & 2" wider. What a world of difference. Thay make any size you want. They probably have the best aircraft plastic and finish available. I like it a lot.

I had a CeeBaileys on my first 2006, and I liked it. I had the +2+2 with flip, which was a nice compromise between protection and air flow. As I am looking for a replacement, I am hoping to find something a little quieter without having to go to something the size of a barn door.

Read the New Rifle thread 4 below this one. I love my Rifle. It is BIG, but it works !! I got the +3" tall, +4" wide per both the Rifle & CE Bailey sizing spec sheets. Had a CEB shield on my '04 BMW RT and didn't like it, too much noise and light reflections.

Read the New Rifle thread 4 below this one. I love my Rifle. It is BIG, but it works !! I got the +3" tall, +4" wide per both the Rifle & CE Bailey sizing spec sheets. Had a CEB shield on my '04 BMW RT and didn't like it, too much noise and light reflections.
Totally satisfied with my California Scientific medium size.

Bill

The stock windshield produced waaay too much buffeting for me when raised. I ordered a Cee Bailey shield that is stock width but 2 inches taller with the flip. That extra 2inches and flip make all the difference in the world for smoothing out the airflow when the shield is raised. Plus this small size still looks sleek on the bike.

But for winter use in the cold and rain, I use a Vstream shield for added wind protection.