windshield assembly different?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gen I windshields ('05 and earlier) are different from Gen II ('06-'12). Gen III and later (2013+) are different again.
Only the three different types for windshields.

Note: there are differences in Gen II mechanisms - later years seem to be more robust than earlier years. There are also some differences in the gaskets that reduce water ingress into the nose fairing (through the windscreen arms).

Gen I windshields ('05 and earlier) are different from Gen II ('06-'12). Gen III and later (2013+) are different again.

Note: there are differences in Gen II mechanisms - later years seem to be more robust than earlier years. There are also some differences in the gaskets that reduce water ingress into the nose fairing (through the windscreen arms).
correction i got an 07 assembly and it is noticably different from my 08...the outside tracks are in different locations

I'm not sure what year they changed them and I'm not sure if mechanical bits are interchangeable. My 2011 is noticeably more rigid than my 2007 was. The same windscreens will fit early and later Gen II.
There is a possibility that one or the other was assembled incorrectly (I think that is possible).

Have a look at parts fiches:

Under "Cowling 1" should be able to compare part IDs to see which, if any, parts are different.

I'm not sure what year they changed them and I'm not sure if mechanical bits are interchangeable. My 2011 is noticeably more rigid than my 2007 was. The same windscreens will fit early and later Gen II.
There is a possibility that one or the other was assembled incorrectly (I think that is possible).

Have a look at parts fiches:

Under "Cowling 1" should be able to compare part IDs to see which, if any, parts are different.
the windshield lines up perfectly. it's just the outer slides, my 08 has four slides parallel facing forward... 2007's outer slides are facing each other

Compare the parts fiches I posted. If the part numbers are identical, look for an assembly error. As mentioned, I think that is a possibility, but would have to see both in front of me to know for sure.

Compare the parts fiches I posted. If the part numbers are identical, look for an assembly error. As mentioned, I think that is a possibility, but would have to see both in front of me to know for sure.

ok so the assemblies are the same...but the outer slide tracks are in different locations... thus the track arms may be different as well....it seems that was my issue...lost patience so just ordered an 08 setup...if anyone is in need of a gen 2/07 windshield assembly with arms and tracks
let me know

Attachments

• IMG20231026211225.jpg
    IMG20231026211225.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG20231026211157.jpg
    IMG20231026211157.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG20231026211152.jpg
    IMG20231026211152.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

There are also differences between Gen I arms. 2004 and later lay the screen back 5° further than the original.