wire harness

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stormrider

Reaction score
I tried a search because I thought I read that some place sold premade wiring harnesses but I cannot find anything.

Does anyone make premade setups say from the battery to a fuse block? (blueseas or centech)

I know I could do it myself but I just like premade stuff

Their harnesses are generic. If you need something TRULY custom, let me know. Lots of satisfied customers with my horn harnesses.

PS....stay tuned. I'm getting ready to offer a complete harness/fuse block for the FJR in the not so distant future. ;)

The only info I'll disclose now is that it will be the only FJR specific harness/fuse setup available that will be constant AND switched power.

shhhhhh. don't tell anyone. :D

.PS....stay tuned. I'm getting ready to offer a complete harness/fuse block for the FJR in the not so distant future. ;)

The only info I'll disclose now is that it will be the only FJR specific harness/fuse setup available that will be constant AND switched power.

Is there any chance that might be ready for my winter major maintenance and refit that will be comencing around Jan 1st? I will prolly be looking for the horn harness at that time as well

Their harnesses are generic. If you need something TRULY custom, let me know. Lots of satisfied customers with my horn harnesses.

PS....stay tuned. I'm getting ready to offer a complete harness/fuse block for the FJR in the not so distant future. ;)

I am in for the fuse block harness

Last edited by a moderator:
PS....stay tuned. I'm getting ready to offer a complete harness/fuse block for the FJR in the not so distant future. ;) The only info I'll disclose now is that it will be the only FJR specific harness/fuse setup available that will be constant AND switched power.

Well sure, tell me this now after I already installed my switched Blue Sea fuse block. :angry:

j/k

Mind telling me where you picked up a switched power source for the relay that handles the switched fuse block? I ended up soldering a signal wire to the bullet connector on the left side of the bike that powers the license plate light. I'm not overly happy with this as a signal location, but, :dntknw: it does work so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Mind telling me where you picked up a switched power source for the relay that handles the switched fuse block? I ended up soldering a signal wire to the bullet connector on the left side of the bike that powers the license plate light. I'm not overly happy with this as a signal location, but, :dntknw: it does work so I guess I shouldn't complain.
I've had my Blue Seas box on for about 2 years. I used a tap-in connector and hooked it to the rear running light - 14ga wire to the relay. There are 2 wires going to the taillight plug - the blue one is the running light - the other is the turn signal light. If your accessories go on and off, you'll know you hit the wrong one.

I would be interested in a fuseblock harness as well.

I've had my Blue Seas box on for about 2 years. I used a tap-in connector and hooked it to the rear running light - 14ga wire to the relay. There are 2 wires going to the taillight plug - the blue one is the running light - the other is the turn signal light. If your accessories go on and off, you'll know you hit the wrong one.
Thanks Randy. I thought about getting some PosiTaps but in general I'd rather not have to tap wires - something about cutting into the wire bugs me. I'd rather pick up power for the signal from a connector using a little solder or crimping rather than tapping.

I tried a search because I thought I read that some place sold premade wiring harnesses but I cannot find anything.
Does anyone make premade setups say from the battery to a fuse block? (blueseas or centech)

I know I could do it myself but I just like premade stuff
Pep Boys carries a harness that can be modded to fit into an FJR, and they sell the smaller style relays for it, too.

Personally, I combined one of those harnesses (for about $20) with the one that came with my PIAAs to power a fuse block and the switch for the accessory lights. Even came with the slim relay. Mounted quite nicely behind the dash. Ran the wiring under the windshield motor.

I don't see how you can get a one-size-fits-all solution from a harness unless it's the only powered mod you intend to do.

I dunno, but crimping and soldering is half the fun of adding accessory lights...

I don't see how you can get a one-size-fits-all solution from a harness unless it's the only powered mod you intend to do.

You are correct.

But that's not what this thread is about. It's about aquiring a CUSTOM MADE harness for the FJR specific. Once you have a custom made harness to fit a fuse block, the rest of the wiring is cake.

First one to come to my house in NJ with an '06/up get's a free harness. I need a genII to test fit.

There are 2 wires going to the taillight plug - the blue one is the running light - the other is the turn signal light. If your accessories go on and off, you'll know you hit the wrong one.
You're almost right. ;)

There ARE 2 wires, but the "other" wire is yellow and is the brake light. No turn signal wires running in the harness that houses the tail/brake/grnd wires that I saw when I wired an '06 model a few weeks back. This harness runs up the left side of the subframe to the taillight. Colors are Blue/Yellow/Black.....tail/brake/ground.

PS Randy.....Quest II works perfect. :D

Latest posts