Women who ride FJRs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First of all, I always act like a lady.

Nice to see so many really cool sounding ladies check in.

LCB, your trip sounds really great. Hope with a strong mom, he's a friend to strong women the rest of his life!
smile.png

As has been hinted at in previous posts, it isn't just the fairer sex that may have trouble reaching the ground on the FJR. I'm 5'3" and couldn't flat-foot on my best day. One side or the other, or both tip toes...those are my options. Sometimes it's a bitch backing the thing up, but otherwise I manage pretty well. I kick around the idea of lowering it, but don't really want to scrape the pegs any earlier.
Hey PhilJet09 - love the way you refer to us as "the fairer sex" and "bitch" in the same post .... just sayin'

Wow, I really got a kick out of all the "male" perspectives, too much male techno crap. the obvious was never stated by any of my highly informed brothers...............the FJR is the sexiest bike on the road. As such, this beautiful machine can only improved with a "chick" as pilot. Just saying........... God Bless Em.

Wow, I really got a kick out of all the "male" perspectives, too much male techno crap. the obvious was never stated by any of my highly informed brothers...............the FJR is the sexiest bike on the road. As such, this beautiful machine can only improved with a "chick" as pilot. Just saying........... God Bless Em.
Can I get an Amen?!! LOL. Woohoo!

The FJR is my 3rd bike and I still have the other 2. I wasn't comfortable with the stock height so I used the Soupy's adj links to lower it. That's my son in my avatar - we did 5000 miles in 13 days out west last summer... we saw 5 National Parks, stopped at 15 Harley dealers and crossed the Continental Divide 9 times. I crossed a bunch of stuff off my bucket list and still have a bunch more to see. That was one hell of a trip - he can't wait for this year's adventure.

You need to post up some full size photos of your FJR. I've never seen one in a color like that. I'm sure a lot of folks would like to see it in more detail.

Hey Riona, I noticed you have an AE. How do you like it? That trigger shifter is awesome isn't it?! :)
I love it. Just switched from a Ducati Monster, which had a fairly heavy clutch, despite having an aftermarket slave cylinder. I have a little arthritis in my hands (early onset genetic disorder, I'm not THAT old ...) - having heated grips and not having to worry about being able to hold the clutch in in traffic is a big deal for me.

Now, if only I could avoid hitting the horn when down shifting ...

Riona
Lmao! Yeah, it took me a while to stop hitting the horn too but, trust me! The day will come when it stops happening. Can't wait to see the GenIII AE get over here. I'll be patient. My '06AE is still able to pull tree stumps whenever I need it to! This bike is Amazing. :)
I too ride an AE, and NEVER use the thumb paddle. The "upshift" paddle will downshift if you "flick" it forward rather than pull it back.

Hi! I am new to the FJR and this forum - in fact, picking up my new bike this weekend!!

It is being lowered as I type this - has anyone had trouble riding with it lowered two inches? Scraping any parts?

One local rider did have problems when two up. Following them we could hear clangs and bangs as things touched down, plus, as a bonus we sometimes got to see showers of sparks. I don't think it will be a show stopper for you.

Without rolling the rear wheel up on a 2x4 or 2x6 the center stand will be useless.

Riona, you'll see my '09 in the parking lot at 85th & 154th most workdays between 0630 and 1500. I commute from Mercer Island and spend at least one day most weekends touring, with a lunch stop someplace, out around the Olympics or across one of Cascade passes and back.

@DennisJ -

i cross Mercer Island mon through thur on my way to college - Usually passing through at about 6:45, and back at 3:15 ... We must just miss each other !

Let's plan a Weekend ride !

Riona

However, all the women I have ridden with have been women, but that doesn't mean they are all ladies all the time
wink.png
Whatchoo talkin' about, ion?

IMG_7690b-S.jpg

BTW, a real man can put a lowered FJR on the centerstand without a 2 x 4
wink.png

wink.png
smile.png
I cut the side stand and center stands on my lowered GS. But the center stand took a bit longer. So of course before I lowered the center stand, I got a flat and had to get a trucker to help me put it on the centerstand.
flirt.gif

Meow... Meow... Meow....
angel.gif

wink.png
smile.png
I cut the side stand and center stands on my lowered GS. But the center stand took a bit longer. So of course before I lowered the center stand, I got a flat and had to get a trucker to help me put it on the centerstand.
flirt.gif

Couple of years ago my 30 something, 5'2" , wet noodle# daughter started riding her Ninja to work. I got a little concerned about her riding alone and asked her what she was going to do if she dropped it?

Without hesitation she replied " no problem dad, just take off my helmet shake out my hair and two or three guys run over and pick it up."

I guess the girls have us figured out.

Last edited by a moderator:
As has been hinted at in previous posts, it isn't just the fairer sex that may have trouble reaching the ground on the FJR. I'm 5'3" and couldn't flat-foot on my best day. One side or the other, or both tip toes...those are my options. Sometimes it's a bitch backing the thing up, but otherwise I manage pretty well. I kick around the idea of lowering it, but don't really want to scrape the pegs any earlier.
Hey PhilJet09 - love the way you refer to us as "the fairer sex" and "bitch" in the same post .... just sayin'

Uh...really?

Couple of years ago my 30 something, 5'2" , wet noodle# daughter started riding her Ninja to work. I got a little concerned about her riding alone and asked her what she was going to do if she dropped it?
Without hesitation she replied " no problem dad, just take off my helmet shake out my hair and two or three guys run over and pick it up."

Nice. Yep, we know the deal. This is an awesome response. BTDT

However, she CAN pick that bike up, all on her own.

Please share with your daughter. And help her practice. You just never know when you might be in a remote area and need this skill :) Or, impress a helpless boy who has dropped his and needs help...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7D4gQpPcXo

Nice. Yep, we know the deal. This is an awesome response. BTDT

However, she CAN pick that bike up, all on her own.

Please share with your daughter. And help her practice. You just never know when you might be in a remote area and need this skill :) Or, impress a helpless boy who has dropped his and needs help...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7D4gQpPcXo
My Hondapotamus has taken a nap a few times and, yes, that technique works like a charm. The front and rear "nap bars" prevent any damage to the mountain of Tupperware.

I haven't dropped Lucille yet, but I suspect that a video of me picking her up would include a little 'outtake' after the kickstand went down: me seeing the rash on the saddlebag and grabbing a hankie, sobbing like a little... Boy!