• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB - Saddlebag Body Caps for Gen II

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSLong

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2007 Black Cherry FJR and love it. Unfortunately it didn't come with the silver body caps that cover the saddlebag holes.

Anyone have any lying around that they don't want/need? Let me know how much.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hmmm, I have an '07, was given the caps upon delivery (as bags were installed) and have never used them. Although, I have no idea where they are at the moment!

How much do these things cost from a discount online dealer? I can't imagine they'd be worth my time to look for them.

P/N 3P6-2163E-00-P0 COVER, REAR FENDER (Qty 2) and P/N 3P6-2163E-10-P0 COVER, REAR FENDER (Qty 2) from a discount online dealer are roughly $12/ea x qty 4 = $48 plus shipping.

I just purchased a 2007 Black Cherry FJR and love it. Unfortunately it didn't come with the silver body caps that cover the saddlebag holes...
If we are talking about the same parts, the covers should be color matched to the Black Cherry body panels.

I just purchased a 2007 Black Cherry FJR and love it. Unfortunately it didn't come with the silver body caps that cover the saddlebag holes...
If we are talking about the same parts, the covers should be color matched to the Black Cherry body panels.
starting in 2007 those parts were kept default silver and did not change with the color of the bike.

starting in 2007 those parts were kept default silver and did not change with the color of the bike.
FWIW --

For '04 Yamaha's fiche says to use P/N 5JW-2163E-00-P3 COVER, REAR FENDER -- "Use for Color BLUISH SILVER 4"

For '05 Yamaha's fiche says to use P/N 5JW-2163E-10-P4 COVER, REAR FENDER -- "Use for Color DARK PURPLISH BLUE METALLIC L"

For '06 Yamaha's fiche says to use P/N 3P6-2163E-00-xx ending in P1 --"Use for Color Deep Purplish Blue Metallic U"

For '08 Yamaha's fiche says to use P/N 3P6-2163E-00-xx ending in P3 -- "Use for Color Black Metallic X"

For '09 same as '08.

For '10 Yamaha's fiche says to use P/N 3P6-2163E-00-xx ending in P0 -- "Use for Color SILVER 3"

It looks like it was only for '07 that Yamaha went cheap and reused silver covers. I'd almost choose '08/'09 black for an '07 over the silver cover. YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like it was only for '07 that Yamaha went cheap and reused silver covers. I'd almost choose '08/'09 black for an '07 over the silver cover. YMMV.
:blink: I'm thinkin' the Black covers would NOT look good on the Silver tail! :unsure:

Edit: BTW, IMHO the two-tone on the '07 is part of what makes it the best looking year! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: BTW, IMHO the two-tone on the '07 is part of what makes it the best looking year! :p
Of course you are right! Not having a fancy '07 and failing memory from the last time I saw one I didn't remember they were silver-tails. So Yamaha wasn't cheap and did the right thing.

I just purchased a 2007 Black Cherry FJR and love it. Unfortunately it didn't come with the silver body caps that cover the saddlebag holes.

Thanks,

Jeff
I've got an 06 - missing the caps as well. I think most people have lost theirs.

I've been thinking about making a set by making a silicone mold and silver colored epoxy or standard epoxy and paint to match. $50 vs about $10 in materials (enough to make dozens of them). You can also buy silver colored silicone caulk - just fill up the hole, cover with masking tape and let it cure ($6). Use silicone, not latex adhesive. I'll give it a try.

Honestly, though I've never missed them.

Thanks,

Jeff
I've got an 06 - missing the caps as well. I think most people have lost theirs.

I've been thinking about making a set by making a silicone mold and silver colored epoxy or standard epoxy and paint to match. $50 vs about $10 in materials (enough to make dozens of them). You can also buy silver colored silicone caulk - just fill up the hole, cover with masking tape and let it cure ($6). Use silicone, not latex adhesive. I'll give it a try.

I'll take them in any color....Wally World Rattle Can Paint Job will follow.

Thanks,

Jeff

I'll take them in any color....Wally World Rattle Can Paint Job will follow.
I'll have a go at. It might be a couple weeks since I'm out of town next weekend/week. I'll get pix out if successful.

I didn't even know that the bike came with these. I guess the stealer didn't give them to me the day I bought the bike. O well my bags cover the holes pretty good.

Wow! Pricey little buggars, eh?I'll have a quick look in the most reasonable places...
Does 2 1/2 days count as quick? Well, to be honest, it was just a quick look but it took me 2 1/2 days to get a round to it.

And the verdict is...

Whadda ya know! They were in the box labeled "FJR Stuff"! :rolleyes: Go figure! :D

P/N 3P6-2163E-00-P0 COVER, REAR FENDER (Qty 2) and P/N 3P6-2163E-10-P0 COVER, REAR FENDER (Qty 2) from a discount online dealer are roughly $12/ea x qty 4 = $48 plus shipping.
And... ummm... Alan, should there not be a 3rd part number? I got 6 covers! :unsure:

Wow! Pricey little buggars, eh?I'll have a quick look in the most reasonable places...
Does 2 1/2 days count as quick? Well, to be honest, it was just a quick look but it took me 2 1/2 days to get a round to it.

And the verdict is...

Whadda ya know! They were in the box labeled "FJR Stuff"! :rolleyes: Go figure! :D

And... ummm... Alan, should there not be a 3rd part number? I got 6 covers! :unsure:
Yep, the extra two (not really extras!) go on the underside.

Yep, the extra two (not really extras!) go on the underside.
Thanks Oppresso, but yea, I know. That was a thinly veiled cheap shot at Alan! :D

Alan,

All in fun buddy! We still love ya and your immense contribution to the knowledge base! :clapping:

I recently purchased an 05, called the dealer about the caps, he said $171 for 4. Any other vendors carry these?