• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB: Stock bar end weights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigtallguy

Reaction score
I am trying to install a set of salamander weights on my '05 and getting rid of the throttlemeister but found out that the throttlemeister uses a different compression thing inside the bar. Anyone have a set of the stock variety laying around they don't need?

all I have is the metal outside part (knobs)...doesn't sound like that'll help you out...
Nope, the little compression piece in the handlebar is what I really need. I can get them new for about $10 each, but I'm cheap and hoping a generous soul will help me out :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I have some... they are in some old bars, i just tried to get them out and couldn't. How about i cut the ends off the bars and mail them to you and you can use the throttlemiester tool to get them out????

R

I have some... they are in some old bars, i just tried to get them out and couldn't. How about i cut the ends off the bars and mail them to you and you can use the throttlemiester tool to get them out????
R

I don't actually have the throttlemeister tool, bought the bike used with it installed already :glare: I'm not actually sure I can even remove the throttlemeister tubes yet, tried briefly the other day and they didn't budge. Looks like those things are made to not come out after all :angry: Thanks anyways.

I think I've got what you want,but here's the problem...I put throttlemiesters on both the KLR and FJR and I'm not 100% sure that these are from the FJR.More like 99%.They screw into some FJR Goodys bar weights I have laying around so I'm thinking they're for the FJR.Sorry,the 70's and 80's were hard on my brain cells. :rolleyes:

If you want to give 'em a try the price is right...shipping costs,probably less than $5.00.

The Throttlemiesters are basically held in by expanded o rings. More than likely they have loctite on the threads. You might be able to apply a little heat to the end of the screw to loosen them up a little. The screws are about 2" long I think so it may take a little patients and reheating to get the heat to transfer. If needed I have the inserts and weights from mine if the others offered don't fit. Hopefully they only used blue loctite but the red will soften with a little heat as well. PM me if ya need to.

I bought my TM secondhand and didn't get the removal tool, I absolutely DESTROYED the stock inserts getting them out. I damn near ruined the freaking handlebars.

The Throttlemiesters are basically held in by expanded o rings. More than likely they have loctite on the threads. You might be able to apply a little heat to the end of the screw to loosen them up a little. The screws are about 2" long I think so it may take a little patients and reheating to get the heat to transfer. If needed I have the inserts and weights from mine if the others offered don't fit. Hopefully they only used blue loctite but the red will soften with a little heat as well. PM me if ya need to.
The screws that hold the actual weights on came off easily but the part that goes in the handlebar didn't seem to want to budge. Will heat help loosen up the o-rings too you think?

I bought my TM secondhand and didn't get the removal tool, I absolutely DESTROYED the stock inserts getting them out. I damn near ruined the freaking handlebars.
Hopefully I will have better luck...

Well the screw that came out pulls a metal sleeve up tight to make the o rings expand. It might come loose if you put just the screw back in and give it a few light taps with a hammer.