• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTT- Anybody want to trade their FJR for a Super Tenere?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously Skip...Go test ride a 2013 BMW GS 1200. You will want to leave that S10 there. Take you're wife with you and she'll agree with you. Those bad boys are now liquid cooled and making 125 horses. They are BAD ASS!!
RIDER just published their full test on the GS and it was 112 HP on their dyno with a very flat torque curve....and high frequency vibration in the handlebars. A month ago I had the opportunity to trade rides on a 2013 Multi-Stada (which RIDER rated at 139 HP). It was BAD ASS on a long straight and had the vibration through the handlebars and seat to go with it. I was most interested in the Skyhook electronic suspension and would have to say that it was the best electronic suspension I have ridden to date, far better than BMW's ESA. After an hour I was very happy to get my Tenere back because it has a much better riding position and the suspension (Penske shock and linear fork springs) was every bit as good as the Skyhook, the Ducati just cost $8500 more and you can add another $1k when the 15K service is due.

The 2013 GS1200 is probably the best GS to date but it is still a Bring My Wallet.

I guess I'm back to drinking the KTM Orange Kool-Aid if I want an Adventure bike. I've got a bad itch for a 690 Adventure that needs scratching. If I actually had some place to put it (No Fred, not your garage) I would have had one by now.
Me, me! I have room good ol best bud Bill!

I guess I'm back to drinking the KTM Orange Kool-Aid if I want an Adventure bike. I've got a bad itch for a 690 Adventure that needs scratching. If I actually had some place to put it (No Fred, not your garage) I would have had one by now.
Me, me! I have room good ol best bud Bill!
That's only because the majority of your shit is in my shop. At least a good portion of it.
smile.png