Wytheville, VA over the 4th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLFJRS

Reaction score
A friend and I are going to meet in Wytheville over the weekend of the 4th of July. Any suggestions for some good riding in the area? We will be arriving the afternoon of the 4th and riding on Friday and Saturday, leaving for home late Saturday. Sure would appreciate any and all assistance.

16, from Tazewell to Marion, shouldn't be missed.

80, toward Breaks Interstate Park is excellent, also.

Last edited by a moderator:
16, from Tazewell to Marion, shouldn't be missed.
80, toward Breaks Interstate Park is excellent, also.
Yep, I did 16 for the first time this year. Loved it. Don't miss that. I've been through Breaks which is beautiful, but I mistakenly missed the southern part of 80 so I can't speak to that.

The road to Burkes Garden from the North is interesting too, and it's an odd place. It's a valley in the mountains.

311 out of Roanoke to Paint Bank. Heck, make a loop out of it from Paint Bank west to Bear Creek Rd south over to Marion to 16 north, oh yes, the "Back Of The Dragon" - you'll smile all day.

From Wytheville take Hwy 21 south down to Hwy 58 and go west to Hwy 91 to Damascus, VA. Then south on hwy 91 to TN Hwy 421 in Mountain City, TN. Then West on 421 to Bristol, TN. All four of those roads are terrific.

Wytheville Food: Go to the Log House Restaurant in downtown Wytheville, It was built in 1776 with a lot of history and has an awesome old world bar in the back you have to check out. The food is terrific as well!

Thanks for all the roads, unfortunately the trip was cancelled due to the weather conditions in Wytheville and surrounding areas.

Maybe later this year we will try again.

Latest posts