Y.E.S. 48 Mo. Plan

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an 05 with 11k miles on it, I plan on keeping this beautiful machine for a loong time. I can just call D&H and get an extended warranty from them?
As Iggy said, you can't get the Y.E.S. after 12 months, but D&H does sell a different warranty apart from Y.E.S. that they'll write after the 12 month period. I bought it but don't remember the price and term... it's not as aggressive as the Y.E.S. warranty, but still not too bad. Call Renaa... she'll know. I could dig up my paperwork and give you the information, but it may have changed by now.
Edit to add... I believe this is a dealer warranty as opposed to a factory warranty. Still... I know D&H will do the right thing should I need warranty work.

Last edited by a moderator:
D&H has been continuing to office a minimal markup on the Yamaha YES product since the first batch of FJR's hit these shores in late 2002. Still one of the best prices for the 48 month YES out there. Last I heard, they were still at $389.

North End cycle shop is now at $419.00 after checking today 3/28/08. D&H is $389.00 Just sent mine off to D&H. Talked to Renaa and she said it takes about 60 days to get the stuff from Yamaha but she would send out a receipt ASAP.

D&H has been continuing to office a minimal markup on the Yamaha YES product since the first batch of FJR's hit these shores in late 2002. Still one of the best prices for the 48 month YES out there. Last I heard, they were still at $389.

Bought mine from them last month as my warranty expired- $389. they were great and got it rolling with just a promise to put a check in the mail. Awesome customer service. :clapping:

Just sent check to D&H for $389. Renaa mentioned that they would probably have to raise the price soon to cover increased cost from Yamaha. She didn't know when or by how much, but thought it would be in the $50 range. Great people to deal with.

I am a very satisfied D & H Customer. I purchased my Y.E.S. about two weeks before the 12 month warranty ran out. I took my bike in for a new rear tire last week. I then took it out for a hundred mile ride to scuff in the tire. When I got home I put it on the center stand and was rotating the tire and it was not free wheeling. I thought the brake was dragging. I took it back to the dealer yesterday to correct it. They said it was not the brake but after listening to it with a stethoscope they think there is a noise coming from inside the final drive.

Of course, they have to wait for authorization from Yamaha to open it up and check it out. If it turns out there is a serious problem then without Y.E.S. the cost would have been on me. When I find out what is going on I will post a thread on it.

My point is that at theD & H price, the Y.E.S it a great bargain. If you do not have it you should definitely consider it. And I usually do not buy extended waranties on any of my vehicles.

Picked up the YES from D&H earlier this week. Still $389.

edit: it's iffy on the dealer match. My local guys were unwilling to discuss price or call D&H to verify the price so I ignored them.

How long did you have to wait for your paperwork to come back? I paid for my extended warranty when I purchased my new '08 back on 10-29-08, and have not received the papers for the extended warranty. Is my dealer dragging his feet about sending in the money?? :angry2:

How long did you have to wait for your paperwork to come back? I paid for my extended warranty when I purchased my new '08 back on 10-29-08, and have not received the papers for the extended warranty. Is my dealer dragging his feet about sending in the money?? :angry2:
My Y.E.S. paperwork came back in no more than 30 days, and I'm thinking it might have been less than that.

I did mine by mail through D&H. I NEVER buy extended warranties for anything, but the D&H deal on the Y.E.S. was just too good to pass up.

FWIW, all dealers who sell extended warranties are not necessarily selling the Y.E.S. extended warranty. The dealer that sold me my FJR was selling something else from a third party warranty company. If you're curious about your extended warranty status, you might want to call the dealer you bought it from.

Anyone get shafted by the Florida warranty price fixing? I know they don't offer the deals here, anyone pay Florida prices, or know what they are here?

Also, can I still buy the YES on a second hand bike that is still within the one year warranty? My 07 was bought in 7-2008 but I'm the second owner and I'd like to get the Y.E.S.

FWIW, all dealers who sell extended warranties are not necessarily selling the Y.E.S. extended warranty. The dealer that sold me my FJR was selling something else from a third party warranty company. If you're curious about your extended warranty status, you might want to call the dealer you bought it from.
I called him twice about it, his response, it's turned in..... I did buy 4 year Y.E.S.

I called him twice about it, his response, it's turned in..... I did buy 4 year Y.E.S.
Yo Petey! IIRC, when I bought mine through D&H 5 years ago it took several months to get the paperwork.

If I were in your really frickin fast m/c boots, I would try and find out approximately 'when' the dealer sent it in. If it's been 3 months or more, then I would call Yamaha customer service (the phone number is on their website) and see what they can tell you.

Yo Petey! IIRC, when I bought mine through D&H 5 years ago it took several months to get the paperwork.

If I were in your really frickin fast m/c boots, I would try and find out approximately 'when' the dealer sent it in. If it's been 3 months or more, then I would call Yamaha customer service (the phone number is on their website) and see what they can tell you.
Well, I know I got a year from the date of purchase to get it. Just wondered how long other folks had wait for the paper work. :unsure:

hell, i'd call customer service anyway. with my VIN and dealer info in hand, i'd politely state my concern and let them do their magic.

I'm the second owner of my bike. Courtesy of the original owner I have YES. I have verified this via the VIN through the dealer which I plan on using for service. What I don't know..........do I have to have the actual paper work to have YES work performed or is the VIN good enough?