Yamaha 07 Tall Touring Windshield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wombat

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I am a new FJR 07 owner and while I don't have any buffeting from the stock shield, I do get a lot of wind noise regardless of the shield position. Ducking down a couple of inches at full height cuts out the noise completely, so I figure a taller screen will do the trick.

As I don't want to change the look of the bike too much, the genuine Yamaha Tall windhshield seems to be the one that would suit me best and is also one of the least expensive. Problem is I cannot get it in Australia. Can anyone suggest a dealer in the US who would be happy to sell me one online and ship it over here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. ;)

Hi everyone.
I am a new FJR 07 owner and while I don't have any buffeting from the stock shield, I do get a lot of wind noise regardless of the shield position. Ducking down a couple of inches at full height cuts out the noise completely, so I figure a taller screen will do the trick.

As I don't want to change the look of the bike too much, the genuine Yamaha Tall windhshield seems to be the one that would suit me best and is also one of the least expensive. Problem is I cannot get it in Australia. Can anyone suggest a dealer in the US who would be happy to sell me one online and ship it over here?

I bought mine from a Yamaha dealer off ebay-They have been on back order from Yamaha though excellent shield I like it better than the vstream

Hi everyone.

I bought mine from a Yamaha dealer off ebay-They have been on back order from Yamaha though excellent shield I like it better than the vstream
I tried a dealer on ebay - Cahill Yamaha - and sent them 2 emails via ebay to get shipping costs. Never got a reply. I sent an email to them direct via their web site and it was returned as undeliverable because their mail box was full. In the meantime, the shield they had for sale was sold. Very frustrating. <_<

I think University Motors delivers all over the world...and they give you best possible service and great prices, too! Mike Kolstad there is very helpful. I do order nearly all the parts to Finland from UM. E-mail to Mike and do the inquiry: [email protected]

Problem is I cannot get it in Australia.
You can get one through your Yamaha dealer in Aust.

High Windshield

This polycarbonate clear screen is 80mm higher and 50mm wider than the standard FJR1300 screen.

Part # 5VS-W0710-00-00 $484.35

Fits 2006/2007 FJR1300
I was only able to find info about the 05 and earlier, so thanks for that, however, thats twice the price I should be able to get for one shipped from the US.

how much were the ones on ebay you were looking at?khrome
The one I was looking at was $106.95 plus shipping, but I never found out what the shipping was. :angry:
Finally received a reply today and was informed there was a 3 week wait for the screen, but they could ship it to me US air mail for US$50.Sounds pretty fair to me.
I think University Motors delivers all over the world...and they give you best possible service and great prices, too! Mike Kolstad there is very helpful. I do order nearly all the parts to Finland from UM. E-mail to Mike and do the inquiry: [email protected]
Thanks tiiikeri. Do you have a web address for University Motors?

I had ordered the Canadian (and apparently Aussie) version from my local Yamaha dealer when I got my bike l;ast year. After waiting 6 months the US tall shield came out and I cancelled the Canadian order and went for the US one.

Why?

Because the Canadian verwion of Yamaha's tall shield was $369 (about the same in US dollars these days) compared to $95 that I paid the closest US dealer for the U.S. version (60 miles from Montreal).

So, I went down to pick it up - having removed the OEM screen in anticipation. When I got there I excitedly bolted up the new screen and rode the rest of the day - about 300 more miles.

On my return to Montreal I removed it and put back the OEM screen because:

1. Down was too high.

2. Up was still buffeting me a bit.

3. The edge of the screen touched the bikes plastic parts at speed when it was down.

The ride to PICK UP the screen was the cleanest riding I'd done on a faired bike ever - hanging out in the breeze like that at highway speeds was extremely pleasant, if I say so myself.

My 'for sale' and review:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=19564

The US screen is made from a hardened polycarbonate and seems less prone to scratching than the soft plastic OEM one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Wombat,

Don't go OS, try Eagle Screens, https://www.eaglescreens.com.au/index.htm

There in WA and took about 1 week to arrive in post.

He'll send you a few options. I have a 4 inch extension with the same profile as origional, with a smokey light tint.

It looks good and matches the bike. I'm 6'4" and the wind just misses the helmet.

I think it costs around A$270.00

If you post me your email, I'll send off a pick.

Ken

Hi Wombat,
Don't go OS, try Eagle Screens, https://www.eaglescreens.com.au/index.htm

There in WA and took about 1 week to arrive in post.

He'll send you a few options. I have a 4 inch extension with the same profile as origional, with a smokey light tint.

It looks good and matches the bike. I'm 6'4" and the wind just misses the helmet.

I think it costs around A$270.00

If you post me your email, I'll send off a pick.

Ken
Thanks Ken.

I actually emailed Eagle Screens already and had a quote and some photos sent to me, but I think I'm going to try the genuine US Yamaha one for a couple of reasons. One is that as it should not void my warranty if there is an issue with the mechanism, and second, the price is considerably cheaper than here. But if it doesn't work out, I can still buy an Eagle screen and will have paid no more than if I had bought the Yamaha one in Australia.

Thanks tiiikeri. Do you have a web address for University Motors?

Here you go:https://www.umotorsfargo.com/

Btw...I really like that screen,absolutely no problems and very good price, too...