YES warranty in Washington State

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Washington State just changed their laws because there were to many fly-by-night automobile warranty polices sold that were not worth the paper they were printed on.

Sadly enough, we got bit by this new law.

I get calls (at least) weekly by the hucksters that make it sound like they are factory reps. Also the junk mail with all the "URGENT REPLY REQUIRED" plastered on the envelopes.

If it means we still get to buy from D&H, I'll live with the inconvenience of tossing the mail straight into recycle and ignoring them on the caller ID.

Weird, I live in WA and bought Yes from D&H back in 2008 or 2009. No issues came up and I did use the Warranty with my local dealer for a couple issues.
Must be a recent thing.
Must be. Renae won't sell me a YES now unless I provide a non-Washington address. You're pretty close to me. Where did you buy your bike?
Hey, I bought my bike at Adventure Motorsports in Monroe. No complaints really, however the service department has not been up and down on the rare occasion that I take it in.

I had a conversation with Gerald at D&H regarding selling the YES warranty to WA and FL residents. While they can't sell a YES warranty to a WA or FL resident for a bike you already own they can sell a YES warranty to you when you purchase a bike from them in AL. Since the transaction occurs in AL there is no issue. You then register the warranty using your WA or FL address.

^^^^ Good reason to upgrade to a '16 Pops...fly'n ride to D&H!
rolleyes.gif

--G

1) Does anyone know what the best rate is for 4 years worth of coverage for YES program in WA state?

1) Does anyone know what the best rate is for 4 years worth of coverage for YES program in WA state?
I didn't find a WA dealer willing to deal on YES here in WA. They must know we can't buy it on-line from the discount, out of state sellers. D&H sold me a 4 year YES for $389 since I'm buying my bike from them. I <believe> that's $100 over their cost and $200 below 'list' cost. So most WA dealers are making 100% profit on the sale of a 4 year YES at $600. They have room to negotiate, but seem unwilling to do so. Then again they didn't want to discount a 2016 FJR either. I bet if you had a deal going to buy a bike you could talk them down some on the YES. They have lots of wiggle room to deal on it.

Last edited by a moderator: