YFO 2018? Now YFO Fall 2019

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
definitely subscribed!
punk.gif

How about a base out of Lee Vining / Bishop area? Easy access to the good roads but not all the traffic from the west side of the hill. Can't beat the eastern side of the Sierra's in late September. :)
I second Doug's request for the east side as a base camp.

How about a base out of Lee Vining / Bishop area? Easy access to the good roads but not all the traffic from the west side of the hill. Can't beat the eastern side of the Sierra's in late September.
smile.png
Yep!

Bridgeport, Twin Lakes, Virginia Lakes, multiple hot springs, Sonora Pass, Mono Lake, Hwy 120 east, June Lake, Mammoth, Tioga Pass and all that high country YNP goodness, multiple routes and passes to home, tree colors . . .

Tyler posted: Maybe make this an every other year thing and do it in 2019?
I like that idea.

(1) No matter how hard you try, you won't duplicate the just-completed YFO.

(2) It would make things a hell of a lot easier on you, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyler posted: Maybe make this an every other year thing and do it in 2019?
I like that idea.

(1) No matter how hard you try, you won't duplicate the just-completed YFO.

(2) It would make things a hell of a lot easier on you, right?
I realize it won't be duplicated but it can be another really special trip for anyone who comes along! ;) It isn't that challenging for me to do but since we just did it and it's a big trip, this will give folks a breather and give others a chance to schedule ahead - I mean, 2 years in advance should be enough, right?? :lol:

Tyler, brave and beautiful, posted: I realize it won't be duplicated but it can be another really special trip for anyone who comes along!
wink.png
It isn't that challenging for me to do but since we just did it and it's a big trip, this will give folks a breather and give others a chance to schedule ahead - I mean, 2 years in advance should be enough, right??
laugh.png

Yep, and it will also allow me to knock off two Atlanta trips in 2018. Thanks, darlin'.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was waiting to hear about some tentative travel plans with my daughter and her future hubby but that trip has been pushed to April 2020 so September is now clear.

Was thinking of Sept. 12-15, 2019 (two weekends after Labor Day so kids are back in school and most tourists are back home and should be early enough to not interfere with EOM). Thoughts from the peanut gallery?
icon_e_biggrin.gif

Dates not set in stone, last week in May is possible. Too early means likelihood of Snow, doable on a Spyder, not so doable on the FJR

How about a base out of Lee Vining / Bishop area? Easy access to the good roads but not all the traffic from the west side of the hill. Can't beat the eastern side of the Sierra's in late September. :)
Yep!Bridgeport, Twin Lakes, Virginia Lakes, multiple hot springs, Sonora Pass, Mono Lake, Hwy 120 east, June Lake, Mammoth, Tioga Pass and all that high country YNP goodness, multiple routes and passes to home, tree colors . . .
Sorta sums up why we moved to Carson City ! East side rocks , way less people in the damn way too