Your favorite Scotch

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knifemaker

Not me
Reaction score
Likely as silly as an Oil Thread..

But what is your favorite Scotch?

The bombardment of the single malts on the market now has me hopelessly and a bit wonderfully sampling all that I can find..(just thought I got wine figured out..)

Myself I have been a Chivas drinker since high school. Do really like the malt they make, (Strathisla), but still looking to broaden my palette.

As an aside, for the Irish Whiskeys... I do like Michal Collins Blended...

KM

Last edited by a moderator:
Big fan of scotch. I personally go with Red Label as the price point for this hick is descent entry into descent scotch. Love the real premium ones, but rarely do I spring for $them

However, I think it important to voice the most important thing when it comes to liquor.

Whenever asked what my favorite drink is .....

My reply:

" The Next One "

Royal Lochnagar Selected Reserve, if you've hit the lottery recently -

0010000004052_XL.JPG

Royal Lochnagar 12 Year Old if not - (this is what I have in my cabinet)

0040000003663_XL.JPG

One of the few scotches I drink, on a rare occasion.

Normally drink Jack on the rocks.

Most overrated (and overpriced) alchoholic beverage in the universe.

Tastes like shit...the closest analogue is any form of equine bladder flush.

Give me a good Tanqueray & Tonic any day of the week.

Pinch 15 year old is my favorite

AAAHHHH nothing like following the masses, and mediocrity :assassin:

It's always one of these three, nothing else (depends on how fat my wallet is when at the liquor store). ;) And I wish that was my shirt, but it's not.

BushSmall.jpg

BushShirt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnnie Walker Black for me. I have tried some of the single malts but haven't found one I like better than Black yet.

Never met a single malt I didn't like. Can't afford most. Belvenie double wood is nice. Oban is excellent. Nothing wrong with Johnny Walker Black (can't stand the Red) or Chivas. For a daily drinking scotch try Grants, beats the heck out of regular Dewar's or Johnny Walker Red. The Dewar 12 year is good stuff. Thank goodness for RadioHowie, leaves more for the rest of us.

Let's at least stick to whiskies here................and everyone knows Bombay Sapphire is better than Tanguerey.....

Hmmmm.... There are many excellent scotch whiskeys on the market, though some a bit more excellent than others. ;) Personally - and on those rare ocassion when I actually drink scotch, I'm very partial to Talisker 10 year-old Isle of Skye single malt (and if I catch anyone drinking this with more than a single ice cube in their glass, we'll have words... :glare: ).

My real preference however are whiskies that - like GunMD, are a bit more "south of the border". And for that, there can be only one: Casa Noble Anejo. There may be a bottle (or 3) of CN finding its way to NAFO... :dribble: