• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Leads on Cheap PR2's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
I just picked up a set from Rocky Mountain ATV for 271.00. This will only save you a few bucks over motosport. Thats the cheapest I found.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to go all over the web searching for the best price, but now just order from www.motorcycle-superstore.com

Looking at PR2CT they list front @ $111.99 and 180 rear @ 138.99 = 250.98 if I did my math right. Free shipping too on orders over $89; hard to beat that! They do show them as "on sale" just now when I checked prices.

M-S used to include 10% coupons with every order on next one within 6 months, but now they've gone to a points/reward program.

I used to go all over the web searching for the best price, but now just order from www.motorcycle-superstore.com
Looking at PR2CT they list front @ $111.99 and 180 rear @ 138.99 = 250.98 if I did my math right. Free shipping too on orders over $89; hard to beat that! They do show them as "on sale" just now when I checked prices.

M-S used to include 10% coupons with every order on next one within 6 months, but now they've gone to a points/reward program.
I don't think you did yer math right...https://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/ViewCart.aspx

Just bought a set yesterday and there in the brown truck heading my way. $306.00 B-spec rear tire. Makes a difference in price. Less if you not using B-spec. They will go on before EOM.

Dave

+1 This is who I order from anymore, but I just looked and the front is 118.99 and the rear is 153.99, free shipping. The other reason I order from these guys is that they are pretty close to Idaho (Oregon), and I get the tires a bit sooner. I just ordered and received a front PR 2 from them last week.

+1 This is who I order from anymore, but I just looked and the front is 118.99 and the rear is 153.99, free shipping. The other reason I order from these guys is that they are pretty close to Idaho (Oregon), and I get the tires a bit sooner. I just ordered and received a front PR 2 from them last week.
$.08 cheaper at Sport track gear . com but who's counting. I checked a few other places and they were between 3 to 5 dollars more. Sometimes I wonder why I waist so much time to save such a small amount of money.
uhoh.gif

Dave

+1 for Gary @ www.murphskits.com w/ PR2 @ $260

I got the PR3 @ $302 shipped. Great guy w/ great service and rides w/ us sometimes too!!!
punk.gif

Just re-read your post. I did receive a 10% off coupon from Motorcycle Superstore with the front PR 2 last week, good 'til 9/30/2013 for 10% off, so they must have reinstated this program, which is good!

I purchase from a local M/C dealer at less than any of the prices listed thus far (including tax). Yes, I drive a few miles and pick them up but I'm spending with a locally owned business and if a need an FJR OEM part they give me a great price. They make a "buy" at ther beginning of the season...as of last week they had 6 fronts and 13 rears left at the low cost. And I've committed to buy at least 3 sets within the next 2 weeks (actually plan to buy 4 sets) just to get me through the Fall and Winter season, as well as mt annual "Lablor Day Marathon" of 6-7k miles coming up REAL soon !! I encourage you to shop locally if possible..it pays off in the long run, at least it has for me. 3 FJR's since '03 and close to 275K plus miles thus far. (1 '03, 2 '04's)

I purchase from a local M/C dealer at less than any of the prices listed thus far (including tax). Yes, I drive a few miles and pick them up but I'm spending with a locally owned business and if a need an FJR OEM part they give me a great price. They make a "buy" at ther beginning of the season...as of last week they had 6 fronts and 13 rears left at the low cost. And I've committed to buy at least 3 sets within the next 2 weeks (actually plan to buy 4 sets) just to get me through the Fall and Winter season, as well as mt annual "Lablor Day Marathon" of 6-7k miles coming up REAL soon !! I encourage you to shop locally if possible..it pays off in the long run, at least it has for me. 3 FJR's since '03 and close to 275K plus miles thus far. (1 '03, 2 '04's)
+1, I would love to shop locally!! The local Yamaha dealer here in Salmon, ID knows everything about the quads he sells, but doesn't even know what the FJR is. I know, because I asked them!!

The other thing is that even when I lived in an area that had several dealers, and ''brick and mortar" moto shops. That they did mount the tires, but did not balance them correctly, and charged me $70 for the effort!! Plus, as an added bonus, they scratched the shit out of my rims!

No thanks, I'll buy the tires from Motorcycle Superstore, and then mount and balance them myself (via No Mar equipment). Then I know the job was done right!

It sounds like you have a good local dealer that treats you right. That's good, but many of us don't have that option!

Thanks!

Careful - seems to me that the '73W' means that the tire has a lower load rating.

Did some poking around and found this - go to post #6: Hayabusa.ord link-a-roonie.

Looks like that '73W' has a load rating of 805 pounds. I figure one my FJR is loaded with me and Sooze and all of our crap, we'll be well over 805. I have no idea if the '73W' thing will make a difference or not, but for me, the extra $13 isn't worth it.

For the record, I recently (last week) bought a new rear PR2 off of Amazon that was shipped from MotorcycleSuperstore. I woulda just bought it direct, but, by purchasing Amazon gift cards at a local grocery store, I get discounts on gasoline, which is always a good thing.

If someone smarter than me says that the '73W' doesn't mean squat, so be it.

Careful - seems to me that the '73W' means that the tire has a lower load rating.

Did some poking around and found this - go to post #6: Hayabusa.ord link-a-roonie.

Looks like that '73W' has a load rating of 805 pounds. I figure one my FJR is loaded with me and Sooze and all of our crap, we'll be well over 805. I have no idea if the '73W' thing will make a difference or not, but for me, the extra $13 isn't worth it.

For the record, I recently (last week) bought a new rear PR2 off of Amazon that was shipped from MotorcycleSuperstore. I woulda just bought it direct, but, by purchasing Amazon gift cards at a local grocery store, I get discounts on gasoline, which is always a good thing.

+1, the W rated tire would also have a lower speed rating than the Z rated tire. The PR 2 Rear Tire I just mounted is a 180/55/ZR17. I'm with you I'd spend the extra $13

https://www.amazon.com/Michelin-Pilot-Radial-Motorcycle-Touring/dp/B005J88E9C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1376408571&sr=8-2&keywords=michelin+pr2 $141.00

+1, the W rated tire would also have a lower speed rating than the Z rated tire. The PR 2 Rear Tire I just mounted is a 180/55/ZR17. I'm with you I'd spend the extra $13
Well I don't know where you guys are reading that the W speed rating is lower. The Hayabusa link you reference and other places I've found state that the W rating is a higher speed rating. Now the load rating of 73 is for 805# but I haven't yet found the load rating for the PR2 B spec tire. Anyone have that info?

Well I don't know where you guys are reading that the W speed rating is lower. The Hayabusa link you reference and other places I've found state that the W rating is a higher speed rating. Now the load rating of 73 is for 805# but I haven't yet found the load rating for the PR2 B spec tire. Anyone have that info?
Yes, I stand corrected, I will be curious to hear what the modifier of "73W" really means.

Thanks,