Fairlainer shamed me into it.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKjitsu

Reaction score
Ever since Fairlainer presented us with a proper front fender for a 2013 I’ve been seeing my black plastic version as kinda ghetto/cheap-ass/low-class. As we all know, since time immemorial Feejers have had front fenders the same color as the rest of the plastic. It’s how it’s ever been and shall ever be (to include the luscious 2014 redness). So this week I just couldn’t stand it any longer.

cba.jpg

Yes I must agree, what was mama yamaha thinkng? By the way nice big foot.
blushing.gif

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
All I see is Gen 1 Silver!
punk.gif

Best regards

Surly
Gen 1 Silver would have been another good color choice for the '14.

The painted fairing side panels is another nice touch AKjitsu.

Richard is going to buy a 14 just to get a red one. Then you will have to paint the whole damn thing.
rolleyes.gif

Looks great! Nice work for sure.Yeah. The 2013 “Battleship metallic” IMHO is already a dark/heavy/ponderous/Third Reich kind of coating and clashes with my belief that motorcycles are supposed to be happy, joyous sorts of creatures. So, less black is more better.

I like the fairing side panels being painted also.
Yeah. The 2013 “Battleship metallic” IMHO is already a dark/heavy/ponderous/Third Reich kind of coating and clashes with my belief that motorcycles are supposed to be happy, joyous sorts of creatures. So, less black is more better.

Just settle down folks. I am going to buy a 2014ES not based on the color of the front fender. Candy ass red is just fine for us old guys No one is more fanatical than me when judging colors, but is this really a battle worth fighting?

Hmmm... are you saying the fender on my 13 is a different color than the bike itself?!?!?!?
scare.gif
I gotta go check this out... funny... never noticed enough to remember. But I do prefer the ghetto version.

Hmmm... are you saying the fender on my 13 is a different color than the bike itself?!?!?!?
scare.gif
I gotta go check this out... funny... never noticed enough to remember. But I do prefer the ghetto version.
Yes, it's the same color as your adjustable fairing side vents. I'm in the minority camp of liking the contrast of the panels and fender and breaking up the overall size of the bike. I also love the all black wheels. That said, I can see why most people like the matching fender. It does look good.

I wonder what would be a good way of breaking up the 'bigness' of the cases from the side. Most attempts I seen do a paint break at the ridges of the cover but that hasn't appealed to me so far.

scare.gif
Yes, it's the same color as your adjustable fairing side vents. I'm in the minority camp of liking the contrast of the panels and fender and breaking up the overall size of the bike. I also love the all black wheels. That said, I can see why most people like the matching fender. It does look good.
Umm, not sure about that... I don't have the bike in front of me but I don't think the side fairing vents have the gold fleck that's in the front fender and nose air scoop, do they? Not that it matters, just sayin'.

scare.gif
Umm, not sure about that... I don't have the bike in front of me but I don't think the side fairing vents have the gold fleck that's in the front fender and nose air scoop, do they? Not that it matters, just sayin'.
I can't believe I've washed that bike all those times and didn't realize there was a gold fleck. I'll take a look when I get home.

I'm in the boat of liking the contrast of the different color fender. I also have the lower front fairing piece on my bike done in black, to break up some of the silver.

PhotoSep19143828_zps1be25728.jpg