Scully Helmet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. Very Interesting.

Of course with my limited attention span, I would probably go crazy from the backward movement in the rear view camera.

Interesting. Very Interesting.
Of course with my limited attention span, I would probably go crazy from the backward movement in the rear view camera.
I think that would happen at first, but after a bit, it would just fade into the background. Like anything else. Not sure how transparent the HUD area of the face shield is though. Would I be able to see out of that bottom corner? Would it matter it I couldn't? If my wife is on the back of the bike, do I only see her head? She's pretty, but is she gonna block the view of the road? Can I use earbuds, or do I have to depend on stupid helmet speakers?

Lots of variables, but I'm betting it won't take long before all helmets are something close to this. Right now, I bet these things cost a fortune!!

That's pretty awesome! It would take some getting used to I bet....if I could afford one!

Wonder if you could legally remove your mirrors? But officer...I have a rearview camera!

I would love a HUD on my helmet. Have one in the Vette, that I first thought was a gimmick, and now I can't live without it, sort of. Can't be cheap though.

Technology on parade. I love it. The HUD is great along with the rear view camera and all of the Bluetooth features.

I hope it would have a good drop down visor or transitions feature. I would hate to have to ware sun glasses, especially with all of the hi-tech capabilities this helmet offers.

Oh yeah, it would have to fit my Shoie head first and foremost.

Then there is going to be the' break out the checkbook' because these puppies are not going to be cheap, but hey, you pay for what you get.

Great concept, I hope it works out.

The more i think about this, it has to display more than the rear camera and GPS navigation.

It's not going to be truly useful until it gives us the data from our instrument clusters. Without the Rev and Speedo in the HUD, I'm still going to glance down at the insturment cluster. I can glance at the mirrors and other info at the same time.

A hud with only partial data, just isn't that useful.

A tech magazine that played with a Scully commented that the helmet will certainly be >$1,000 US Dollars.

Last edited by a moderator:
A tech magazine that played with a Scully commented that the helmet will certainly be >$1,000 US Dollars.
Guess I won't be getting one any time soon! Eh...just more batteries to keep charged!

Hmmm, I'll bet it drains batteries pretty quick too. Unless it comes with solar panels on top of the helmet! Wouldn't help at night though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not need a helmet that will overload my senses. Others may handle the input better than I, but it could be too easy to focus on the data being provided on the visor to the exclusion of what's going on on the other side of the visor.

And what about we vision-impaired? It's getting to the point that I can't see anything at arm's length let alone 1" from my face.

The website says the battery life is 9 hours and the display "appears" (is adjusted through lenses) to be 6 meters in front of you. This way your eyes don't have to refocus every time you check your 6. We will see if it lives up to those specifications. I am thinking in bad weather the camera lens will blur the image to the point of unusability due to water droplets on the lens. I hope someone from the FJR site gets to be a beta tester.