Yamaha #1 in Reliability

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And just how appropriate is it that the bike they show in this report, representing Yamaha, is the FJR. Coincidence? Intentional?

But now it's got me thinking that because the '14 was in the picture, surely it must be the most reliable of all the FJRs.

That's why we sold our '07 BMW K1200GT's and bought FJR's. Theresa quit work last July so we could get in a lot of riding in the next few years. We needed bikes that were on the road, not in the shop. Now we find that the FJR's also handle better than the K1200GT's.
smile.png
smile.png

But now it's got me thinking that because the '14 was in the picture, surely it must be the most reliable of all the FJRs.
Or just the most photogenic.
rolleyes.gif

That's why we sold our '07 BMW K1200GT's and bought FJR's. Theresa quit work last July so we could get in a lot of riding in the next few years. We needed bikes that were on the road, not in the shop. Now we find that the FJR's also handle better than the K1200GT's.
smile.png
smile.png
I resemble your remark. My 07 GT started breaking down more and more. Left me stranded .... again and gave up on it. Lovin my FJR replacement!

Last multi-brand dealer I talked to said he was getting back less Yamaha's for warranty work than any other brand, and that when they did Corporate Yamaha was the easiest to work with when it came to warranty repairs. Just one dealers opinion.

Why I bleed blue! Fired up my little FZ6 yesterday 'n went fer a rip. It's equally as reliable as the FJR, just a bit more maintenance w/ the chain.

TripperMike posted: ......... But now it's got me thinking that because the '14 was in the picture, surely it must be the most reliable of all the FJRs.
I think (THINK) the 2014 is in there because the internet story is based on a 2015 Consumer Reports study. My guess is that the quickest, most reliable, and sexiest FJR -- the 2015 -- had not yet been released.

Last edited by a moderator:
TripperMike posted: ......... But now it's got me thinking that because the '14 was in the picture, surely it must be the most reliable of all the FJRs.
I think (THINK) the 2014 is in there because the internet story is based on a 2015 Consumer Reports study. My guess is that the quickest, most reliable, and sexiest FJR -- the 2015 -- had not yet been released.

I own a 2015 and I still agree that the 2014 is the sexiest looking FJR! I would probably get a ticket riding that beautiful, bright red, though. Did I mention that my FJR is way too fast for me???? You know you are riding a fast bike when you hit 105 just getting on the freeway and accelerating over to the carpool lane. I look down and think "CRAP! I better slow my ass down!"

Q: How does an ass fault gray qualify as "sexy"?

A: When you paint it ticket-me red.

Regarding the story linked to in the first post: I HATE those kinds of web articles where you have to click forward to see the answers from 1 thru 10 (or whatever), each page loaded with advertisements that make the pages slow to load. It is a cheap tactic to produce "clicks" that they use with their advertisers to artificially inflate apparent visitors to their sites. Doesn't surprise me that Motorcycle.com would stoop to such tactics.

I did not click to see what was more reliable than a CanAm Spider.

I think (THINK) the 2014 is in there because the internet story is based on a 2015 Consumer Reports study. My guess is that the quickest, most reliable, and sexiest FJR -- the 2015 -- had not yet been released? More reliable? Just curious!!!
What is sexy about the color of the 15???? What has been done to the 15 that would make it quicker than the 14??

Fred W posted:Q: How does an ass fault gray qualify as "sexy"?
Well, FredW, it's the color all the cool kids in Hollywood and New York are wearing these days, and everyone knows that black is a slimming color. Can't expect a crusty New Englander to understand fashion, can we?

Birdman2010 posted: You know you are riding a fast bike when you hit 105 just getting on the freeway and accelerating over to the carpool lane. I look down and think "CRAP! I better slow my ass down!"
Similar story: I get on the freeway for my everyday morning commute, then cross four lanes to reach the HOV/motorbike lane. One morning about 6 weeks ago, there was a small window allowing me to scoot all the way across in one move. Like any self-respecting FJR pilot, I flipped on the turn signal, twisted the throttle, and extended my left arm to let folks know I was sliding all the way across.

As soon as I reached the HOV lane and set the cruise on 75 mph, I noticed the radar-carrying motor officer on the highway's right shoulder. Sure enough, he saddled up and started his strobes.

He said I was doing 93. I didn't argue, but explained, "I saw a hole and wanted to get there." Grey hair and mustache, ATTGAT, and an envious comment about his biker-cop boots kept it to a warning. "You ride carefully, now. And let's just wait a minute over here so everybody thinks you're getting a ticket."

What is sexy about the color of the 15???? What has been done to the 15 that would make it quicker than the 14??
The stealth not-quite-black of the 2015's not only makes it slip through the air easier, it also lets you go faster without looking as obviously fast as if it were red.

The stealth not-quite-black of the 2015's not only makes it slip through the air easier, it also lets you go faster without looking as obviously fast as if it were red.
AND we're in style! Just learned from my neighbor who's doing some home remodeling that Black Stainless is all the rage. Not only were the '15s ahead of their time, they're also trend-setters.
smile.png