Jewelry for Naomi - Wiring Routing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
Jewlery for Naomi

Step one... determine desired farkle positions... GPS, radar detector, voltmeter, and Rowe Electronics power distribution box.

Step two... route the wires. Gotta be careful with this step lest you do it over and over again...

The Rowe box sites nicely in this position. And since I don't want to consume ALL the room in the center box area, here is a good location. AND, I like plenty of service loop in my wiring.

Here is where the Admore rear light bar harness will plug and play.

Thinking of using these Posi trailer connectors. They are waterproof, snap together firmly and would make any servicing a snap. Designed for being in the harsh exterior world, they should survive under the seat just fine.

Apart.

Kinda liking this. Time will tell.

Another view.

Last pic. I wonder if this routing will last or if I'll change it..

To be Continued....

Happiness is a clean wiring job.

Seen it all; wrong size wire, twisted wires with tape, 10 ft of extra balled up, 18 awg wire on a 50 amp fuse or no fuse at all.

I ran mine all up the left side, I used that coragated wiring shield through the enginecarea to protect the wiring.

I ran a pair of wires for my GPS, three wires for the Radar Detector. I have a coax outlet under the front of the seat for heated gear controller and a direct wired SAE battery tender lead under the right front panel alongside the tank. I also utilized the Admore plug and play unit to get led lights into my top box. The adapter has worked flawlessly, the led light system for the Givi top box failed once and was replaced under warranty, I just noticed that it is not working ascdesigned once again. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Don, Where did you source those posi trailer connectors? Never seen those before and can't come up with them doing a Google search! They're not even in the Posi-Lock website
weirdsmiley.gif

I ran mine all up the left side, I used that coragated wiring shield through the enginecarea to protect the wiring.I ran a pair of wires for my GPS, three wires for the Radar Detector. I have a coax outlet under the front of the seat for heated gear controller and a direct wired SAE battery tender lead under the right front panel alongside the tank. I also utilized the Admore plug and play unit to get led lights into my top box. The adapter has worked flawlessly, the led light system for the Givi top box failed once and was replaced under warranty, I just noticed that it is not working ascdesigned once again.
sad.png
Can you post a pic of the coax outlet under the front of the seat? That sounds like a good idea. Currently, (NPI), my heated connector comes between the front of the seat up to a D ring on the tank bag. I'd like to make that cleaner.

Hey Don, Where did you source those posi trailer connectors? Never seen those before and can't come up with them doing a Google search! They're not even in the Posi-Lock website
weirdsmiley.gif
Hi Randy, here. And yes, they ARE hard to find.

...Can you post a pic of the coax outlet under the front of the seat? That sounds like a good idea. Currently, (NPI), my heated connector comes between the front of the seat up to a D ring on the tank bag. I'd like to make that cleaner.

FWIW here are pics of my heated vest connection.(Click on image for larger view)

Connector in "hidden" position. . Connector ready for use.

Cable drapes over plastic . . . . . Tucked away for summer.

Plenty of clearance between plastic and seat. Every time I get off and forget to unplug, it pulls out cleanly with no excessive strain.

Don Carver, I just pull it out from under the seat at the front when needed. It hides in the summer and dangles out in the Spring and fall.

weirdsmiley.gif
Hi Randy, here. And yes, they ARE hard to find.
Thanks Don, I did find them on webbikeworld as well, at $8.50 each. Your link had them at $12 each.....That's either $17 or $24 for just one set...OUCH!. For what I'm currently doing I'll just go with a standard Deutsch connector. A bit more assembly required but much cheaper.