G2 Throttle Tube for Yamaha FJR1300 06-07

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hdorn

Reaction score
Got the G2 Throttle Tube for my Yamaha FJR1300 07. Installation was a breeze even for me (I'm no good for any mechanic work).

Did it meet my expectation?

unfortunately NO <_< the new Throttle is just a little bit smooth, but the abruptness is still there. Overall improvement (between 1-10): I would say 3

What next? unfortunately PCiii

Any recommendation for a good price to buy?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had done the G2 upgrade as well and thought it made a very big difference but it was the last of a few mods done to help the trottle response. That sucks that you were disapointed. If you havent already, try the things below as well.

1: Barbarian Mod to Increase CO FREE

2: Took up all slack in throttle cable FREE

3: Unwound center Throttle body spring 1 rev FREE

4: Added Grip Puppies About $10.00

As you can see, there are a few things you can do to help with the twitchie throttle. Between all of these I've actually forgotten that there was an issue. But I must say, the G2 was the most noticable change for me.

Got the G2 Throttle Tube for my Yamaha FJR1300 07. Installation was a breeze even for me (I'm no good for any mechanic work).
Did it meet my expectation?

unfortunately NO <_< the new Throttle is just a little bit smooth, but the abruptness is still there. Overall improvement (between 1-10): I would say 3

The thing that worked best for me has been seat time. The more I ride the smoother the throttle has become. I did the G2 and the Bmod and was somewhat disappointed it didn't make the throttle smooth as silk. With time though, it has gotten much better. It ain't the bike (in my case) it was me. :unsure:

Capt. Bob

I had done the G2 upgrade as well and thought it made a very big difference but it was the last of a few mods done to help the trottle response. That sucks that you were disapointed. If you havent already, try the things below as well.
1: Barbarian Mod to Increase CO FREE

4: Added Grip Puppies About $10.00

As you can see, there are a few things you can do to help with the twitchie throttle. Between all of these I've actually forgotten that there was an issue. But I must say, the G2 was the most noticable change for me.
Thank you for the advices, I probebly will follow them.

QUOTE(tom b @ Nov 20 2007, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you remove the slack from the throttle cables?
mmm ... How do you remove any cable slack?
About 6 or so inches down from the throttle housing is a rubber spot you can slide apart and adjust slack out with adjuster by loosening locknut & screwing apart for less slack, together for more.... . . .

To get the best throttle.

(1) Remove any slack in the cable = a 10% improvement

(2) Unwind the center spring one turn = a 30% improvement

(3) Fit the G2 throttle tube = a 60% improvement

(4) Fit a Power Commander = a 100% improvement (custom map)

(5) Buy an 08 model which has addressed the abrupt throttle issue

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the G2 Mod, and it has made things much smoother...less surprises

I have noticed that the grip heater on the G2 side seems to be warmer than the non G2 side....could this be a result of differnt materials?

ok I am the worst mechanic so...

anyone got pics on how to do the following:

thanks

The thing that worked best for me has been seat time. The more I ride the smoother the throttle has become. I did the G2 and the Bmod and was somewhat disappointed it didn't make the throttle smooth as silk. With time though, it has gotten much better. It ain't the bike (in my case) it was me.

Capt. Bob
+10. This is my first fuel-injected bike, and it has a ton of off-idle torque. The G2 and spring unwind help, but re-learning how to do some elementary things so that I fit the bike better was key.