Bungie Buddies on the FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etz

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried using Bungie Buddies? Where did you put them? Are the side plastics or the cases sufficiently strong? Actually, is it even possible on the cases with the double wall construction?

In case you don't know what I mean, they're like little eye bolts that you bolt onto a panel or hardbag to provide a place for attaching bungie nets and the like. IMO the FJR is woefully understocked with bungee attachment points for a touringish bike.

BBUD.gif
Bunbudktail.jpg

A couple of people have reported drilling through the sidecase walls. I'd measure the thickness first, but the did post pictures (It could have been in another galaxy far, far away.).

Personally I use rokstraps, or a similar product from hiking stores. Running them under the pillion seat works well for me, plus I have a rack on my topcase.

on the bags the only good place to put them because of the lenth of the bungy buddy shaft is here

54420984.jpg

also the boxes are double walled and this is the only place i could find that i was able to use them for tying down things

on the bags the only good place to put them because of the lenth of the bungy buddy shaft is here
54420984.jpg

also the boxes are double walled and this is the only place i could find that i was able to use them for tying down things
Thanks Trinibob.

Any signs of water intrusion from this? Man, that's gotta hurt to pick up the drill to the case!

Not if you coat the bottom with a dab of silicone sealer (we have lots of that here in midland) hehe

Have them, but have yet to install them, was thinking of installing them in the top box like pictured

Side case mounting shown looks good also!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have mine mounted on the top inner section, outboard of the latch. This is a two layer spot on the case, and easily drilled from the inside with a 1" hole saw. Just make sure you only go through the inside with the saw, and leave the 1/4" bit to go through the rest of the way. Access is easy from the inside with a socket. Just be careful not to drop the washer or nut in between the layers. don't ask how I know... :p

Latest posts