Just Order a Givi E52 Gloss Black

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wicked Webby

Right is Harder than Wrong.
Reaction score
Hey Hey,

Just ordered a Givi E52 Gloss Black for my 07. I am gonna have the top painted Dark Cherry to match my 07. I was pleased to find out that the Gloss Black comes with the silver band around the bag painted black too!!! I really don't like the look of the silver band all around it on most of the Givi top boxes. That makes it look too much like a suit case(just my impression.. no offense to anyones Givi). I was gonna paint it black but it looks like I might not have to. Check the pic:

GLOSSBLACKE52.jpg

I got it drop shipped from University Motors,ND.

$XXX for the box, $XX for the E250, and $XX for the soft gel backrest + shipping($25) = $25 + XX

Thought it was a good deal.

WW

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Hey,
Just ordered a Givi E52 Gloss Black for my 07. I am gonna have the top painted Dark Cherry to match my 07. I was pleased to find out that the Gloss Black comes with the silver band around the bag painted black too!!! I really don't like the look of the silver band all around it on most of the Givi top boxes. That makes it look too much like a suit case(just my impression.. no offense to anyones Givi). I was gonna paint it black but it looks like I might not have to. Check the pic:

GLOSSBLACKE52.jpg

I got it drop shipped from University Motors,ND.

Thought it was a good deal.

WW
I've had mine on my 07 for a couple of weeks and love it, and love the looks without painting it, and definately would not paint it gloss black if I were painting it.

Yep me three........... I am painting it black cherry. I ordered a paint color(gloss black) for the ease of painting. The matte black takes a lot more prep to paint is all.

You have any pics of yours on the bike?

WW

Yep me three........... I am painting it black cherry. I ordered a paint color(gloss black) for the ease of painting. The matte black takes a lot more prep to paint is all.You have any pics of yours on the bike?

WW
You the man.

Nope, not a single one.

But I do need some.

I will take some tomorrow, and post them for ya.

Yep me three........... I am painting it black cherry. I ordered a paint color(gloss black) for the ease of painting. The matte black takes a lot more prep to paint is all.You have any pics of yours on the bike?

WW

Also, when you tie in your lights on the Givi, do it behind the left side panel. It is a lot easier and much more cleaner than in the tail section. Use tape on your tail section to drill thru and then push a rubber gromlet thru it before wiring.

WW
You the man.

Nope, not a single one.

But I do need some.

I will take some tomorrow, and post them for ya.

WW

Also, when you tie in your lights on the Givi, do it behind the left side panel. It is a lot easier and much more cleaner than in the tail section. Use tape on your tail section to drill thru and then push a rubber gromlet thru it before wiring.

Hey thanks for the tip.

WW
I have a pic but it's not the best shot of the case, but my wife is very comfortable with the gel cushion!

HawksNest2a.jpg

I have one on an 05. I noticed that, in traffic, SUVs and large trucks close behind can''t see your brake light real

well under the box. I wired LEDs into the box myself and feel much safer. I didn't care for the GIVI optional set up.

The LEDs make a big difference.

Looks good War Machine.... What rack are you using to mount it(Givi's or OHFJR)?? I am using OHFJR's rack with the standard Givi Base(e250). I am planning on using that after market LED light system that has Brake, tail, and signals. Designed for this E52 box.

Looks good War Machine.... What rack are you using to mount it(Givi's or OHFJR)?? I am using OHFJR's rack with the standard Givi Base(e250). I am planning on using that after market LED light system that has Brake, tail, and signals. Designed for this E52 box.
I'm using the Givi rack & my wife is happy with the riding position. I read on another thread on this forum that some with the OHFJR's rack feel that it pushes the pillion too far forward, but I have no first hand knowledge of that.

I'm not familiar with the aftermarket LED system you mentioned. Could you send me a link on where to find it? Thanks WW.

I have one on an 05. I noticed that, in traffic, SUVs and large trucks close behind can''t see your brake light realwell under the box. I wired LEDs into the box myself and feel much safer. I didn't care for the GIVI optional set up.

The LEDs make a big difference.
If you look at my picture again you will notice 2 horizontal lines (white) above the license plate, they are actually hyper brake lights & really get noticed by anyone behind me. I thought they were a necessity & are on the bike all the time. But I'm going to look into the aftermarket LEDs for the case that WW mentioned.

Hello War Machine,

I don't have my case yet BUT my understanding of my rack from OHFJR is that it allows for two separate placements of the Givi Box to mount..But I will let ya know how it mounts. I know I have heard that some guys like it cause it places the box lower to the bike than the Standard Givi mount But yours doesn't look high up there anyway. I also heard that this rack allows you to not remove the stock grab rail. Here is the link to my rack:

https://www.premiercycleaccessories.com/Sma...ack_p/11500.htm

Alos here is the link for that light system I was referring to:

https://www.admorelighting.com/index.php?pa...p&subpage=5

They are suppose to be in June here.

WW

Hello all...UPDATE...

Recieved my Givi e52 yesterday and it is very nice. I am shipping it off to Garauld tomorrow for the paint work!! I have heard and seen(His Red Hot FJR!!! Racks and helmets and such) that Garauld does a very nice job with his paint work along with other skills(fabrication). I will posting pics of my painted Givi e52 box on my 07 as soon as I get it back from Garauld.

I will also post a few pics on how I installed the base givi 250 rack on my OHFJR small touring rack. This way allowed me to still be able to use his backrest on it without removing the base plate.

Ride Safe All.... :p

Back again all,

I got my Givi E52 top box back from Garauld last night and it turned out AWESOME!!! (AKA.. Gary). The paint match was dead on.....PERFECT!!!Gary was great to deal with, he turned around my box in less than 4 days. He is really fair with his prices too!! I can't praise his work enough!! If you need anything painted Gary is the man!!! THANKS AGAIN GARY!!!!! As most of you know his forum handle is : Garaurld.

Check it out:

DSCN5085.jpg

DSCN5088.jpg

DSCN5087.jpg

I really like it!!!!! Let me know what ya think!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Ride Safe!!

WW

Wow, that is beautiful! Did you ship the whole box to him or just the top. I just received one in the mat black. Seeing yours makes me want to get mine painted by him also.

That does look good! He matched the factory paint perfectly. Is it color-rite paint?

Yup, that was painted with ColorRite - apparently, they got the color shade correct this time. That has not necessarily been the case... <_<

Now, back to building racks... :rolleyes:

Yup, that was painted with ColorRite - apparently, they got the color shade correct this time. That has not necessarily been the case... <_<
Now, back to building racks... :rolleyes:

Yes Sir,

And Thanks Again Gary. Once again, you did a awesome job...great attention to detail!!!

WW

WOW!

Well, here is a must do. Would you be so kind to send me a PM with his phone and address?

Would requst all part numbers if you can.

That is sweet. Love the stripe kit also.

Very, very nice.

hh