Chrome Wheels!!! Look Here!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you like the plated look???

• Yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Hell yes

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not in my lifetime

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

smitty141

My name is Smitty.. And I have a motorcycle proble
Reaction score
Here is the final product. I like them, Its a cloudy day here in Missouri, so the pic's aren't the greatest...Let me know what you think, O wait a minute...I almost forgot where I was. Let-r-rip!!! :p

dqiuf5.jpg

dpa4at.jpg

dpa2ps.jpg

dpa42p.jpg

dpa44y.jpg

dpa48w.jpg

dpa4cl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Me likey! But they would look oh so much better on my Galaxy Blue. I'll be waiting on that brown truck. Thanks in advance for my early birfday gift! :D

Oh, here come the 'gay-ass' comments... :fuck:

i think it looks awesome! pop those rotors off, strip the paint and polish them up to match. B)

I'm not exactly an anti-chromer... but those do look pretty shaweet. :clap:

That looks cool Smitty! Now for the downside...what was the cost???

Inquiring minds want to know....

:dribble:

Oh Man! I love it.

I'm thinking the chrome would look even better on my Silver '03.

Well, I have a friend who works at a very large auto salvage yard. Not your pick and pull type yard. Mostly insurance buyers. They send all there wheel to a place to have them reconditioned. They also do bike wheels, to make a long story a little shorter. They where $342.00 shipped for both. I did have to pay shipping out there, and that was $18.00. So $360.00 total..

I will save a few bucks and get a set of wave front rotors... :D

Smitty they look really good. Now you are going to have to start hanging out with the Harley guys. When your flying down the Ozark backroads no one is going to see them. Just a flash going by and "what the hell was that"

Chester

you got a 'hell yes' from me. gotta admit however, that it's pretty far down the list of things I want to do to the bike.

curious - did you weigh the wheels before and after to see how much reciprocating mass was added by chroming the wheels?

Like others I think they would look great on a Cobalt Blue (or Red!). They also look very similar to the wheels I had chromed on my Warrior (front is an 18" vs. 17" though). Had mine done for a little over $600 on an exchange program - your price is great and I would probably get 'er done if I end up with the new 06. Gotta sell the Warrior first though. The wife gave the OK for 2 bikes (also have a Roadie) but 3 is out of the question.

Because the original wheels were silver, it's not like they look that out of place... and they do go with your Holeshots.... and generally look good on your exceptionally clean bike. They would probably look even more integrated on the '03 bikes.

Still and all, for me personally... I had to vote "not in my lifetime".
thumbsdown.gif

But, if you like 'em, that's the only thing that really matters in the end, seriously.

curious - did you weigh the wheels before and after to see how much reciprocating mass was added by chroming the wheels?
I did not weigh them, but I would be very suprised if they weighed more.

The chrome shop smoothed the wheels, there is not a # or casting mark. They are as smooth as a used bar of soap.

Ohhh, nevermind that Warchild character. I mean, he is just some pimply-faced 13 year old computer geek putting a good one over all of us anyways.

Hell yes! Simply awesome! They look great Smitty.

In fact, never mind sending me the other wheels, why don't you just send those instead?

Smitty you are the king, I absolutely love those wheels. Was it a problem with the bearings as far as the fit once the wheels were chromed??