New Area to the Forum

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignacio

Intramural Culture Warrior
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're reading this...it's a new area of the forum that just appeared along with state-by-state subforums.

Welcome!
It's intended as a resourse to highlight facts about how each state varies in it's traffic laws, enforcement process, and judicial process. [SIZE=12pt]Each sub-forum is authored and managed by a "Subject Matter Expert" and we have three states covered so far. WA, OR, and NV.[/SIZE]

Special thanks to ponyfool and beerme for drafting up the states they know in what I have already learned a tremendous amount. You guys rock! :clapping:

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

Important Caveat:
Posters are not attornies and information provided shouldn't be considered legal advice. They tend to be experiences of members that have had the occasional experience with individual states....typically having to do with traffic tickets. If you've been accused of something...especially criminal...you should go find yourself a good attorney.

What's critically important is that this area will not devolve into some sort of debate or become devisive. It's meant as a good-will resource to help FJR riders in what some can often be a sea of fiction and incorrect perception when it comes to traffic law.

If somebody else wants to volunteer for another state they believe they are a subject matter expert in and can add similar levels of detail for a particular state...PM me and we can discuss details.

And, I will also leave this single thread open for replies, thoughtful dicussion, and friendly suggestions on how to improve this area. However, please tread lightly and considerately....and no discussions elsewhere on the forum. This area is not viewable by non board members as some other areas are. It is an experiment.

Thank you and enjoy.

Ignacio

Forum Admin and Self-Proclaimed WA Citation Fighter

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent work Admin's and "Subject Matter Experts", I'll look forward to seeing the content. It will be a great resource to have if (when) I have a need.

Last edited by a moderator:
This should be interesting. And kudo's to those who's hard work is appreciated. Couldn't find it in a search but I remember a thread about getting a ticket in NV there were two types of speeding tickets. One would differ if gotten on say Interstate 80 vs. getting a ticket on Hwy. 50. Can't remember the difference but the Hwy. 50 ticket could be considered a lesser offence? Not sure here. Thanks for any help. PM. <>< :unsure:

There was a glitch in my permissions and you probably couldn't see everything I had intended.

You should now be able to see the meat of this area...which is [SIZE=12pt]WA, OR, and NV at present.[/SIZE]

Thanks for the catch uctofeej. ;)

Thanks to all the Admins and contributors that got this section started, proving once again that the information value of this community on the whole is priceless (that said, thank God it's free!).

This is an excellent idea.

I can see this becoming a resource to the world at large on motorcycling state laws.

I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing...

Very cool idea.
And if you start a faq for this section, note that a lot of state-by-state stuff is on the AMA's website here:

https://www.amadirectlink.com/legisltn/laws.asp

And, just to forestall the usual, you don't have to be a member -- or even like the AMA -- to use that part of the site. ;)
Acutally, that one is on a thread not yet visible I've been working on. Expect that to be added in the next couple of weeks. ;)

If you're reading this...it's a new area of the forum that just appeared along with state-by-state subforums.

Welcome!
It's intended as a resourse to highlight facts about how each state varies in it's traffic laws, enforcement process, and judicial process. [SIZE=12pt]Each sub-forum is authored and managed by a "Subject Matter Expert" and we have three states covered so far. WA, OR, and NV.[/SIZE]

Special thanks to ponyfool and beerme for drafting up the states they know in what I have already learned a tremendous amount. You guys rock! :clapping:

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

Important Caveat:
Posters are not attornies and information provided shouldn't be considered legal advice. They tend to be experiences of members that have had the occasional experience with individual states....typically having to do with traffic tickets. If you've been accused of something...especially criminal...you should go find yourself a good attorney.

What's critically important is that this area will not devolve into some sort of debate or become devisive. It's meant as a good-will resource to help FJR riders in what some can often be a sea of fiction and incorrect perception when it comes to traffic law.

If somebody else wants to volunteer for another state they believe they are a subject matter expert in and can add similar levels of detail for a particular state...PM me and we can discuss details.

And, I will also leave this single thread open for replies, thoughtful dicussion, and friendly suggestions on how to improve this area. However, please tread lightly and considerately....and no discussions elsewhere on the forum. This area is not viewable by non board members as some other areas are. It is an experiment.

Thank you and enjoy.

Ignacio

Forum Admin and Self-Proclaimed WA Citation Fighter

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

What about comments on pending laws being on topic? For instance, Maryland Senate just approved law banning handheld cellphone use while driving. I emailed my support to the Maryland House of Delegates.

Would the fact be acceptable, and also the comment about support?