Rob at CFR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrob1300

Frost-back1 IBA 34867 / Brown Sider 002/ Dark Side
Reaction score
So to start out Moosehead and I did an Iron Butt to CFR Nova Scotia. We left our homes and met in Oshawa Ontario and proceeded to Port Hastings. My kms were 1884 and Mike did just over 2000.

We left Oshawa at midnight and rode through the night. Go lost in Montreal, figure out our mistake and carried on. We did quick gas stops and only had snacks along the way. Going through New Bruswick was kind of a blur. If we were in Ontario and were pulled over we'd still be walking. (quick pace was the norm here) When we got into Nova Scotia we felt we were almost there. Funny thing was though that the faster we went the longer the road seemed to get. So we made it all the way without being stop by a LEO. So as we were making a beer run in Port Hawksburry we got a finger waving for doing a little over the 70km speed limit. ( yes sir ).

ENROUTE

So here's a few pics.

DSCF1420.jpg

just setting the pace.

DSCF1410.jpg

The sky closed in on us in Quebec.

DSCF1416.jpg

A friggin bug splatted on my lens and stuck it shut.!!

DSCF1418.jpg

bug splatter

DSCF1432.jpg

DAY 1

Early morning at Port Hasting

DSCF1428.jpg

DSCF1429.jpg

Our riding party for the day... Tom n Pam,Chris,Mike, and myself.

DSCF1441.jpg

Catching a cable ferry at Little Narrows.

DSCF1439.jpg

on the Ferry. It was cheaper to buy a book of 40 tickets than to buy 4 individual ticket for the 2 ferry rides we did

DSCF1443.jpg

AHHH self explanitory to any Canadian!

DSCF1446.jpg

Some shoreline shots along hwy

DSCF1460.jpg

DSCF1463.jpg

Looking over to Meat Cove... the Northernmost community in NS

DSCF1470.jpg

At the tip of Meat Cove... no we didn't hear any Banjo music

DSCF1475.jpg

Looking out at Pleasant Bay.

DSCF1484.jpg

Cool shot of the clouds reflecting on the water at Pleasant Bay

DSCF1486.jpg

The sun dropping into the water at St Georges bay

DSCF1496.jpg

DAY 2

A little fishing village

DSCF1503.jpg

our group for day 2 was Tom n Pam, Chris, Mike, Greg n Sue, and myself.

DSCF1505.jpg

The Tidal Dam at Bras d'Or Lake

DSCF1507.jpg

Riding in formation

DSCF1510.jpg

Parking in formation.

DSCF1514.jpg

All lined up at the parking lot.

DSCF1519.jpg

We raised $500 for the local food bank by having an auction for some of the really cool donated items. Here Mike H hands over the loot!

DSCF1528.jpg

A big thanks to Jude (gypsy) and Scott (CanadianFJR) for planning and setting up our event.

DSCF1525.jpg

On the way to Halifax hurricane Hannah drove me under the bridge. So I used my time to text my friends and family.

DSCF1539.jpg

I'll end this one here... more later

Nice Ride Report!

DSCF1528.jpg

Mikey, you can't be growning the beard out. It makes you look old responsible.

Excellent! thanks Rob - to echo gypsy.... the photos bring back such great memories, seems like only yesterday ;)

A little bit of water from the storm

DSCF1540.jpg

This was my friend Melanie in Halifax. We hadn't seen each other in over 30 years.

DSCF1545.jpg

I think the deer here in Nova Scotia are more agressive judging by their profiles

DSCF1546.jpg

I took the ferry to PEI for something to do. You get the front of the line treatment on a bike.

DSCF1549.jpg

The sea is a little rough

DSCF1556.jpg

I rode along the coast to the Confederation Bridge and back onto the mainland of New Brunswick where I grabbed a room at Woodstock.

DSCF1565.jpg

Tomorrow is another day and I'll try and slow down a bit and take some side roads.

When Scott and I were leaving the Motel with a full head of steam one of these effin Lakers has to come by and slow us down. We missed the Swing bridge by mere seconds!!! I totally lay blame on *****. The next time I see ***** he better watch it.

DSCF1535.jpg

For those of you that didn't know that's one of our Former Prime Ministers friggin boats. Canadian owned but Flagged in another country so he didn't have to use our labour laws.

DSCF1532.jpg

This was my riding companion after we left the ferry. A proud member of our Armed Forces.

DSCF1552.jpg

Hey Ol'boy I'll keep that in mind for future pics. Sorry what was I thinking. :unsure:

Now THATS a pace!

Sorry I missed it, work got in the way, probably see you guys next year, and at least one of you next week.

When Scott and I were leaving the Motel with a full head of steam one of these effin Lakers has to come by and slow us down. We missed the Swing bridge by mere seconds!!! I totally lay blame on *****. The next time I see ***** he better watch it.
DSCF1535.jpg
My God what a shame. You get all ready to go and then 500 yards down the road you have to sit and wait...and wait...and wait. What bastard held you up so you missed the bridge? Tell us and we will never ride with him. He probably didn't even end up riding with you in the end. Jeezuz some people!!!

gypsy

name='fjrob1300' post='486275' date='Sep 8 2008, 10:59 PM']When Scott and I were leaving the Motel with a full head of steam one of these effin Lakers has to come by and slow us down. We missed the Swing bridge by mere seconds!!! I totally lay blame on *****. The next time I see ***** he better watch it.

My God what a shame. You get all ready to go and then 500 yards down the road you have to sit and wait...and wait...and wait. What bastard held you up so you missed the bridge? Tell us and we will never ride with him. He probably didn't even end up riding with you in the end. Jeezuz some people!!!

gypsy
I hear ya Jude.He's just a skirt-wearing poodle walker! He'll get his!!

I'm home!!!

On the way out of New Brunswick I hit RAIN... go figure

DSCF1570.jpg

As I was heading north I could see this smoke trail for miles. Turns out it was a paper mill at Edmundson

DSCF1571.jpg

Scooting through Quebec you see the strangest things!

DSCF1572.jpg

DSCF1573.jpg

Sunset on the 401 heading into Belleville

DSCF1575.jpg

As the sun went down and it started to get cool I slowly picked up the pace. I managed to do just shy of 5300 kms on this trip. Not bad for a 6 day trip.

DSCF1583.jpg

Thank you all for following along at home. It was a great weekend with old friends and new friends.

When life serves you lemons make lemonade. Being laid off from my job has enabled me all the time in the world to travel. Now can someone spare a dime?