FJR Eastern Owners Meeting 2008 - The Movie

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyclebabble

Reaction score
Well I forced myself to finish this yesterday. I have been working on this since I came home from EOM at the end of September.

I went through about 6 different versions before being somewhat satisfied with this one. Some of the footage you will

recognize from EOM 2008 - The Preview Trailer. But there is quite a bit of unseen footage here too.

The sound isn't great in some spots, I forgot my good microphone, but you can hear what people are saying.

This was a superb event, put on by great people. I hope I managed to capture some of what happened there.

No Youtube link for this yet, it is too long so I will have to split it sometime later.

It is not really a movie, it runs just a little over 11 minutes.

Take a look and let me know what you think.

Chris

https://blip.tv/file/1516570

Well I forced myself to finish this yesterday. I have been working on this since I came home from EOM at the end of September.
I went through about 6 different versions before being somewhat satisfied with this one. Some of the footage you will

recognize from EOM 2008 - The Preview Trailer. But there is quite a bit of unseen footage here too.
Fantastic Chris! I just sent it to a co-worker who currently is swearing he's coming with me next year after watching your vids.

One more thank you is in order, to you, for doing a great job documenting the meet. A difficult thing to do for sure with 125 different experiences.

I'm STILL working on my ride vids. In fact just last night I burnt a copy for the guys I rode with, but I'm gonna have to re-burn/send when I'm satisfied with the results.

See ya next year bud!

Fantastic Chris! I just sent it to a co-worker who currently is swearing he's coming with me next year after watching your vids.

One more thank you is in order, to you, for doing a great job documenting the meet. A difficult thing to do for sure with 125 different experiences.
Thank you for that! Like I posted it was very hard to put this together and make it flow. I just wish I could have captured more off bike video, oh well there is always

next year!

Wonderful job again cyclebabble!Your musical tastes - three words. Ec lec tic!

Nancy Sinatra caught me off guard! laugh.gif

Wasn't there, but seeing a bit of it was great.

Thanks for all the hard work.
Yeah I have a varied collection of tunes and tastes. The first version that I had started of this actually began with Nancy Sinatra!

It is hard to pick music, I try to find things that you don't hear everyday, or the typical "biker" fare.

I am glad that everyone likes the video! Keep the comments coming.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Chris

F*%&in' Awesome Chris! :fan_1:

I wasn't there, but after watching your vid I certainly came away with some sense of the "flavor" of the gathering. I've done some "semi-pro" photography and can appreciate how much work it takes to document events and you captured them extremely well. Watching your vid should make next years EOM even larger and more difficult to document. Hope to see y`all there!

VP

cyclebabble, nice job. I am relatively new to the forum and I was not there. After seeing this I wish I had been. Thanks for your efforts.

Chris

Thank you for documenting the event. I enjoyed it very much as I do all your stuff.

I wasn't there but I might just have to start attending some of these ralleys they look like a lot of fun.

It looked so warm and green I can't wait till spring!

The donation to axeman really choked me up great job all of you for that. you guys rock.

Thanks for taking the time to shoot and put this together this vid. Great work! Now that I actually have an FJR, I'm going next year. :clapping:

Cyclebabble, this is great. It makes me want to attend a future EOM. Like others have said, your musical choices were

spot on. :D

This is really good work.

Only one question: What else was going on in that bedroom along with the bluegrass band?

Makes me want to attend your next one.

Cyclebabble, this is great. It makes me want to attend a future EOM. Like others have said, your musical choices werespot on. :D
Thank you, I have been trying to pick music that won't offend ones ears! Even though I like the harder music, the selections just seemed to fit this one.

That was freaking great Chris! I swear to God...If Axe makes me cry one more time.......
It gets me pretty much everytime I watch it too!

Only one question: What else was going on in that bedroom along with the bluegrass band?
I don't have a clue! Bluegrass ain't my thing. But there was a concert there Friday night that some of the EOMers went to. I thought it would be

cool to throw that in the video!

Thanks to everyone for the replies. Looking forward to the next EOM to see everyone again, to ride the cool roads. And to film some kick ass riders!!

Chris

Last edited by a moderator: