My 2009 FJR... So Far

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian Farlow

Reaction score
Okay... so here are a few pictures I just took a few minutes ago of my 2009 FJR and what has been done to it... so far. I am loving the bike, but not so much the desire to keep adding to it. It's like some sort of disease!

Image%2001.jpg
[SIZE=8pt]1: This is a picture of the FJR... not pointing out anything in particular.[/SIZE]
Image%2002.jpg
[SIZE=8pt]2: This is another picture of the FJR... not pointing out anything in particular.[/SIZE]
Image%2003.jpg
[SIZE=8pt]3: Here you can see the bag reflectors, the tailcones, the luggage rack, and the LED brake lights I added.[/SIZE]
Image%2004.jpg
[SIZE=8pt]4: A close-up of Image 3.[/SIZE]
Image%2005.jpg
[SIZE=8pt]5: 3 Techmount plates. The left is unused at the moment, the center is for the TomTom Rider 2, and the right is for my[/SIZE]

iPod Touch that is mounted in a waterproof Otterbox case.
Image%2006.jpg
[SIZE=8pt]6: Here you can see the nylon braided wrap protecting the wiring that I added.[/SIZE]
Image%2007.jpg
[SIZE=8pt]7: The Fuzeblock mounted under the driver's seat.[/SIZE]
Image%2008.jpg
[SIZE=8pt]8: The Back-Off Wig-Wag mounted under the passenger's seat.[/SIZE]
Image%2009.jpg
[SIZE=8pt]9: A close-up of the Fuzeblock.[/SIZE]
Image%2010.jpg
[SIZE=8pt]10: A close-up of the Wig-Wag module.[/SIZE]
Image%2011.jpg
[SIZE=8pt]11: A close-up of the center Techmount and wiring. I wrapped the wiring in a nylon braided wrap, ran it along the[/SIZE]

path of the existing hosing and wiring, and passed it through the frame where it meets the wiring I installed

for the Fuzeblock.
I mounted an in-line fuse at the battery, and after wrapping the wires in nylon braided wrap (Image 6), I ran them below the tank and above the heat shield. In certain areas, I used shrink tubing to cover exposed wires, while in others I just left the wires unwrapped (depending on weather, abrasion, etc.). The wires for the LED lights are run through the fender, and the hole is plugged to prevent water from entering through the hole.

So... what's next? Waiting on my Corbin seat and Smuggler to arrive (hopefully next week). Then I am thinking about a Cee Bailey's +2+2 with flip in light smoke. Beyond that, not too sure. I might add a Kisan tire pressure monitor to the left-hand Techmount. I started to do a custom garage door opener, but after drilling a hole in the left-hand panel, I decided that putting the remote in the glove box works just fine. So, I'll be buying a left-hand panel one day!

This has been a great machine so far (just over 1100 miles in my first month), and I look forward to riding (and tinkering) even more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ian,

Nice install !

I have always thought the way a man keeps his garage says a lot about his attention to detail.

Your garage is as clean as your install. Good Work.

I’m actually heading out in thirty minutes for a two-day run through the North Georgia Mts and then hit the Cherahala Skway and Tail of the Dragon on Monday.

Which I had all those goodies on my bike.

Brad

Ian,
Nice install !

I have always thought the way a man keeps his garage says a lot about his attention to detail.

Your garage is as clean as your install. Good Work.

I’m actually heading out in thirty minutes for a two-day run through the North Georgia Mts and then hit the Cherahala Skway and Tail of the Dragon on Monday.

Which I had all those goodies on my bike.

Brad
Thanks. Didn't get much riding in this weekend. I'm now off to work in the yard... another never ending project!

Nice work!! :clapping:
Thanks.

I am loving the bike, but not so much the desire to keep adding to it. It's like some sort of disease!
Modding Fever...it exists across the entire spectrum of motorcycling. Look on the bright side, we're helping to stimulate the economy!

I started to do a custom garage door opener, but after drilling a hole in the left-hand panel, I decided that putting the remote in the glove box works just fine. So, I'll be buying a left-hand panel one day!
Your thinking is all wrong on this. Are you sure you can't find something to put in that hole? ;)

Seriously though, nice work. I'm going to check out one of those mounts for my GPS. OMG...the infection is spreading!! :dribble:

Modding Fever...it exists across the entire spectrum of motorcycling. Look on the bright side, we're helping to stimulate the economy!
You know, that's a good way to look at it. I'm just doing my part! And so is my girlfriend... spent a bit on chrome for her Harley Davidson Dyna Low Rider...

HD%20Image%2001.jpg

HD%20Image%2002.jpg

She's a big fan of the Willie G. Skulls, so they are everywhere on her bike. Not a big Harley fan, but I like the looks of this one.

Seriously though, nice work. I'm going to check out one of those mounts for my GPS. OMG...the infection is spreading!! :dribble:
Thanks. My roommate (EODSarge) uses the RAM Mount system for his iPod, and the Techmount for his GPS. I much prefer the Techmount over RAM Mount for stability and ergonomics. The RAM Mounts are honkin' huge! The Techmounts just seem to fit the ergonomics of the bike better, in my opinion. Highly recommended.

My 2009 FJR... So FarWill This Ever End?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Er..uhm..you expected WHAT answer by asking THIS collective?

Sorry, but that garage is WAY too neat. You obviously are spending too much time cleaning and organizing. Just toss the tools on the bench and get out there and ride. B)

Sorry, but that garage is WAY too neat. You obviously are spending too much time cleaning and organizing. Just toss the tools on the bench and get out there and ride. B)
Bah! Clean as I go... most of the time.

Er..uhm..you expected WHAT answer by asking THIS collective?

Yeah, I know... Hi, my name is Ian. I have an addiction with my FJR.

I like to think mine says more about my priorities, specifically, the myriad things I'd rather spend my time doing other than cleaning and organizing....

Will This Ever End?
It will for me, and hopefully I will still be around to earn a black ribbon across my avatar....
Forever Two Wheels!

Nice installation of your Farkles. Where did you get the nylon wire loom?

The problem your having is that your garage is way too neet and all your tools seem to be organized. This makes it way to easy to install stuff on your bike because you don't have to allocate the extra hour looking for your trusty left hand family credenza sockets. Man, you have removed a valuable limiting function and the universe will drive you crazy trying to make something more perfect in an absurd and totally futile exercise fighting entropy. So get out there, yank down that pegboard, throw all your tools under the car and have a beer. Remember, it will never be the slackers that destroy the universe, it will be some neat freek with something like atomic 409 that will do the job!

Your bike is also way too clean, a filthy bike is a happy bike and you have removed the protective layer of grunge and bug guts (free shelac) that protects my bike better than armor all (at least from theft).

Your bike is also way too clean, a filthy bike is a happy bike and you have removed the protective layer of grunge and bug guts (free shelac) that protects my bike better than armor all (at least from theft).
Ha!

My roommate rode the other day, and when he got home, the front of his bike was covered in so many bugs it looked like it had a beard.

Oh, and I wash my bike after a particularly dirty ride, but not after each ride.

so where did you get the bag reflectors? Can't even find on EBAY.

You must not have kids or you could never keep all your tools where they are supposed to go!

Seems like a good start but you still need a few basic things....here's a checklist

Fenda Extenda

Throttle lock

Driving lights

Grip Puppies

Bigger Windshield

Frame Sliders

Headlight Guards

Custom seat

Highway Pegs

Powerlet Outlets

Tank Bra

Then you can start adding stuff just for fun... :yahoo:

Seriously though...nice job on the farkles.

Thanks.

Let's see...

1. Bigger windshield is on the short list. Probably order next week.

2. Frame sliders also on the short list.

3. Custom seat is already purchased, just waiting for delivery.

The rest I will mull over as I sleep tonight.

Latest posts