I wacked it off

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n1acguy

Reaction score
The side stand, that is.

I lowered my FJR about 7/8" front and rear by replacing the rear links with Kouba links and raising the front fork tubes.

Trouble is the side stand is too long so the bike doesn't have enough lean with the stock stand.

I bought another side and center stand from someone on the forum who was parting out a Gen1. The stands are the same.

I finally got around to the side stand.

Sorry about the pics, I just used my cell phone.

Cut and beveled ready for welding. The soft steel cuts easily with a saws-all and metal blade.

IMAG0028.jpg

This is how much I cut out.

IMAG0029.jpg

Welded back together and painted, with the stock stand for comparison.

IMAG0030.jpg

This is how the bike rests with the stand shortened. Now it has enough lean to be stable.

IMAG0034.jpg

The angle of the foot is off just a little, but I'm happy with how it came out. Next when I get a chance, I'll do the center stand.

IMAG0035.jpg

Hey, that photo blocker really works. I coated the plate on the bike and my trucks some time back. This is the first time I took a pic of the bike, and I didn't use anything to block the plate.

There was no flash from my cell phone camera either.

You can probably still buy PhotoBlocker online :yahoo:

That's a good-looking weld, which is to say, I can't see any evidence of it. Nice work!

I would caution folks to do some research on PhotoBlocker before bying any. Seems to be some significant differences in opinion on the effectiveness of the product.

I put kouba links on my 07, but all I did with my kickstand was file the stop a little so it swings further forward. I haven't done a thing to my centerstand...

And man, that is a nice weld. I mean, you could have told us that you found out the kickstand for a (insert bike here) is just like the one for the FJR but half an inch shorter, and I think people would have believed that was a stock stand.

Thanks for the compliments. I wasn't sure how my little 110V Lincoln portable wire feed would do on heavier steel, but wire feeds are easy to weld with even if you don't weld often.

I wanted to keep my original stands completely stock so that everything is reversible.

I guess the effectiveness of Photoblocker depends on the camera used, but you see it worked well with my cell phone camera. I don't expect anything for sure, but if it works once it pays for itself.

Ya know in the early days of this place the Header posted here would have had a ton of guys slappin balls about jerkin' off...

Sadly I'm seeing more and more of the noobs and younger crowd slipping away from the values this joint was founded upon. :(

It brings a tear to me eye it does.

Big deal, so ya whacked off!! I've been doing it for years.. :lol:

:jester:

The thing with red light camera's are not whether the bike went through the intersection on a red light. It is who drove said bike through the red light. Well, if you are wearing a full faced helmet, it is very easy to say that you loaned your bike out and it wasn't you. Done, ticket trash canned. 2 very good friends work traffic, and one is the officer that reviews the video and pictures and "writes" the tickets. This little fact is definitely in the favor of a biker. If you are in your car, your jacked with images and video of you doing it.

Ya know in the early days of this place the Header posted here would have had a ton of guys slappin balls about jerkin' off...
Sadly I'm seeing more and more of the noobs and younger crowd slipping away from the values this joint was founded upon. :(

I'm a new guy, but I coulda sworn that's where this thread was headed...

Relax Bust - my mind went RIGHT there when I read the headline, you just beat me to the funny post!

The thing with red light camera's are not whether the bike went through the intersection on a red light. It is who drove said bike through the red light. Well, if you are wearing a full faced helmet, it is very easy to say that you loaned your bike out and it wasn't you. Done, ticket trash canned. 2 very good friends work traffic, and one is the officer that reviews the video and pictures and "writes" the tickets. This little fact is definitely in the favor of a biker. If you are in your car, your jacked with images and video of you doing it.
'Cept in the UK, where a motorist is guilty until proved innocent. The "registered keeper" of the vehicle gets the fine/points unless he/she can prove someone else was driving. There's no escaping the revenue gathering. (Sorry if this goes against Rule 2, I just like to rant occasionally frequently.)

Last edited by a moderator:
'Cept in the UK, where a motorist is guilty until proved innocent. The "registered keeper" of the vehicle gets the fine/points unless he/she can prove someone else was driving. There's no escaping the revenue gathering. (Sorry if this goes against Rule 2, I just like to rant occasionally frequently.)
Damn! That's gotta SUCK! :fie: :no2: :this:

Relax Bust - my mind went RIGHT there when I read the headline, you just beat me to the funny post!
Me too...

In the future, Bust, we will all endeavor to keep the origins intact and make sure everyone wacks off on a regular basis. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Every place I've ever heard of, the red light tickets are given to the owner of the bike. Your plates, you're responsible. Even in cases where the drivers of cars have shown it was someone else driving, the owner still gets the ticket, based on the idea that you are responsible for your vehicle even if you lend it to someone.

What state is this in?

Is it true that many forum members pay for farkles by weekly visits to the local sperm banks?

Is it true that many forum members pay for farkles by weekly visits to the local sperm banks?
Except for the ones making withdrawals. You know who you are!

puke.gif