• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parts For Sale Gen 2 seat, bags, tank and more

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hudson

Reaction score
Having sold off my FJR, it's time to clear out my stash of parts - the funds are going into my kid's savings account so when he gets out of the service he'll have some $$ to play with. Here's what's available (shipping extra) (pics to follow), Usual first serve rule applies, but I reserve the right to favor anyone from the PNW crew. No reasonable offer refused but no trades as I don't have an FJR. Unless marked as sold or pending, items are still available.

OEM Seats - mint condition stock seats both front and rear - perfect as a backup or to send to Russell or Laam as a core $100 SALE PENDING TO MBROWN
qDrynram.jpg

Two (yes, two) brand new in box black FJR side right side bags - yes, both right hand side (no soft cases included), not a complete set. I have no idea how I ended up with 2 right sides rather than the complete set I thought I had acquired, but hopefully there are two people who each need a right side black bag. I opened the box only to take pix - never used. No locks included (you'll need to use your existing locks). $350 each (these sell for double new in box)
km3QVCYm.jpg
JtdgufMm.jpg

A super nice black FJR tank, no dents or scars, and looks to be complete with fuel pump and cap (I don't have the key for the locking cover, you'll need to remove and replace with your locking cover or rekey). Bought this ages ago from ExMarine intending to do a Frankentank and it has set in my shop ever since. $200 SOLD to Scooter
pR90pxJl.jpg

cEptBiPl.jpg

Motorcycle Larry (MCL) riser bars - these aren't the riser blocks but the full steering riser mount, preferred by many over the Helibar as the angle and reach is about 1" better than the Helibar, and your hands are less pronated. These have some scuffs but are in decent shape $200. SOLD
oqEJD3Ol.jpg

Stock OEM Yamaha handlebar base/riser. Mint condition $25
K1PRZosm.jpg

All Balls steering head bearings. I bought these intending to upgrade but never got around to it. New in the box. $30. SOLD TO PANMAN
aHaVeRNm.jpg
9IDSVQLm.jpg

Stock rear shock. I recall this was removed at about 5-7k miles for an Ohlins, and stored in case I ever swapped it out. I sold the FJR with the Ohlins. $175 SOLD to Wes_van
xzJcIYol.jpg

Drag bar mounts (new in package) - great for attaching lights or steering pegs to the Canyon cages $10/pr SOLD TO CARVER
cFRTDKnm.jpg

V1 Gen1 Mark 2 radar setup - includes 12v power kit, detector, bluetooth adapter (to use your phone as the display with the V1 app), remote audio kit (to port your radar audio into a wired coms system), and a NLine V1 detector cage that can mount on your Nline dash and protects the detector. This is the second (and last edition) of the V1 Gen1 before they switched to the current Gen2 that retails for $600) Box and manual and cables included $225
PMzKq5vm.jpg
0xihTb3m.jpg
j1HRD9Sm.jpg

Free (you pickup for free or pay shipping + a hassle handling charge of $5 for me to drive my fat ass to the post office):
- slightly rashed right side upper fairing
7UkbLprm.jpg

- Complete set of air induction plates/hoses and wiring (see pic above next to drag bar mounts)

-OEM headlight bulbs
bVMGAplm.jpg

Last edited:
I got a few PMs on pieces. Y’all need to PM me your shipping address so I can give you a quote

Folks in Canada, apologies but shipping is pretty expensive. I'm opting to ship to lower 48 for now. That said, if you fancy a ride from Vancouver, it's a nice day's ride. And I'll spring for a decent beer.

Wow, so nice. I sold mine in the 1990’s and have been jonesing for another one ever since. Where do you live? wanna take a 2015es in trade for one if them? Insane how expensive they’ve gotten. I originally bought mine for $1850 in running condition and drove it home. Those were the days.

Wow, so nice. I sold mine in the 1990’s and have been jonesing for another one ever since. Where do you live? wanna take a 2015es in trade for one if them? Insane how expensive they’ve gotten. I originally bought mine for $1850 in running condition and drove it home. Those were the days.

Yep - anything air-cooled has gotten silly even before the pandemic. Watch the 914 auctions on BringATrailer and you begin to understand that the 914 hasn't been the "unloved Porsche" for nearly the past ten years - the secret is out on how great these cars are. I remember when these could be had for 1/3 of those prices in great condition and they were less loved than they are today. Now you see them on Jay Leno's Garage and Instagram.

You can't really built a big six 914 for under $50K these days. The stock 4-bangers are now $25-45K in nice condition, and a real 914-6 now sits at $85-125k.The high water mark for a hotrod 914 is $171K. Two 914's are well into the highest six figures - the very rare 914-6 GT that sold for $995K, and the ultimate 914 - the Le Mans GT winning Sonata car that sold privately for over $1M.

My current rule with air-cooled is the same with tools - only buy, never sell. The general rule on Porsches is you never pay too much - you just buy too early.

But if you fancy getting one, give a holler - there are good ones to be had, but there are also many many dogs...

Yep - anything air-cooled has gotten silly even before the pandemic. Watch the 914 auctions on BringATrailer and you begin to understand that the 914 hasn't been the "unloved Porsche" for nearly the past ten years - the secret is out on how great these cars are. I remember when these could be had for 1/3 of those prices in great condition and they were less loved than they are today. Now you see them on Jay Leno's Garage and Instagram.

You can't really built a big six 914 for under $50K these days. The stock 4-bangers are now $25-45K in nice condition, and a real 914-6 now sits at $85-125k.The high water mark for a hotrod 914 is $171K. Two 914's are well into the highest six figures - the very rare 914-6 GT that sold for $995K, and the ultimate 914 - the Le Mans GT winning Sonata car that sold privately for over $1M.

My current rule with air-cooled is the same with tools - only buy, never sell. The general rule on Porsches is you never pay too much - you just buy too early.

But if you fancy getting one, give a holler - there are good ones to be had, but there are also many many dogs...
Yep....Dogs don't scare me too much, I always wanted an excuse to purchase a welding kit. Still have an original shop manual and spec book somewhere. Back in the day I used to drool over Automobile Atlanta's website, that genuine 916, wholly crap. I think it was available for under $200K. Mine was a 1976 2.0, white with black accents. (I lifted the bumble bee picture somewhere). I wish I could come up with a reasonable excuse to shop for one, my bike is taking the space in my garage where the 914 used to reside. If memory serves they built 123,000 914's, less than 4000 six cylinder models. I was perfectly happy with the 2 liter 4, it never screamed but was really surefooted and so sweet in curves. It's funny, my wife would look at it and say "why do you like that car, it's a rust bucket". My response was always "cause you can't see it from behind the steering wheel". Porsche's are race cars at their heart. The 914 is a fabulous machine. I need to stop dwelling on it. I envy you, but I'm likely never going back there. It doesn't make sense for me anytime soon. Thank you for the trip down memory lane. You always miss the ones that got away, thank you!

You got it Don, and how bout you just owe me a beer and a slice of pie when we connect in person. Let me know if you are going to rendezvous with any of the PNW crew anytime soon, otherwise PM me shipping details.

I will buy you two beers for the seats. :D
Sent you a DM Hudson with my CFN to text me to coordinate on the seats next week.
Cheers