Admore Lighting (www.admorelighting.com)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canucklehead-biker

Reaction score
I bought Admore's LED kit for the Givi E-52 topbox. I ordered online. The next day I got an email from their sales department telling me I could avoid shipping charges and get the online price through a local dealer, if I wanted to pick it up (didn't realize they were located right here in Calgary). I thought that was really excellent follow up, and I was impressed. Picked up the item a couple of days later and installed, then off to CFR.

During the trip I started experiencing some odd characteristics, some lights not flashing, etc. Eventually they stopped working and I sent a note to the company when I got back to Calgary.

I got a follow-up phone call from them the same day, they worked with me to troubleshoot the issue, and then sent a rep over to my house with spares and test equipment to finish sorting out the issue. Can't guarantee they'll do that for everyone (they are located here in Calgary), but I think it reflects their commitment to their customers.

Turned out to be a bad controller board, which they replaced, along with a new 90-degree connector in the Givi box. Outstanding support from a company that is clearly determined to ensure complete customer satisfaction.

Recommended!

Griff

Last edited by a moderator:
Allow me to jump on the kudos wagon for Admore.

A 'while' back I (re: ~ 2 years ago) I bought their universal side-case light kit. After demonstrating my incredible lack of mechanical ability, RaYzerman and yamafitter got the proper wires tapped to install the lights. Upon testing, it was determined that the harness for my lights was wonky.

So, after doing nothing all winter, I finally got a hold of Admore's customer service, described the issue, and they gave me a RMA. I packed up my harness and sent it off to 'em. This was mid-December.

A few weeks later, I had yet to hear from them or receive anything from them. So, I shot them an email. They had yet to receive my defective harness. I was OK with waiting for them to receive my package, so we waited.

Fast-forward to the spring. As Michigan Tech Day II was approaching, I contacted them again - they STILL had not received my package - but agreed to send me a replacement anyway, and better yet - they sent me one of the first production GenI FJR wiring-harness-ready harnesses! You know - plug 'n play, no tapping required.

So kudos to 'em for sending me my replacement harness without having received my defective harness.

Upon installation, I discovered something: when I sent my defective harness, I included the pieces of the harness that connect the lights / side bags to bike-side of the harness. Their replacement harness did not include that piece.

Sooo.... I contacted them again and, again, they immediately sent out the pieces I needed without having received my package.

Second kudos to 'em.

In summary, they pretty much replaced everything in the kit but the lights themselves. Admore's customer service should be a model to live by.

+1 I bought their Givi v46 kit & had some questions about the wiring. Got a call back in less than 3 hours. They talked me through the problem (My bad - don't color match the wires!) Great customer service!

I recently ordered their LED kit for the Givi V46, together with the specific FJR harness from a well respected online vendor. Kit was received quickly, however when I went to install it, I found that a couple of necessary connectors were missing. Since the kit had arrived in a sealed Admore box, i figured I would try emailing the manufacturer on a Friday evening to see if they could help.

I was truly surprised to get a call on a Saturday from David at Admore Lighting, who was very apologetic, and promised to get me the necessary parts shipped out on Monday. (He did offer to expedite them, however since my need is not urgent, I am happy to wait a little on the good old postal service).

Instead of trying to make excuses, or blame the retailer, David took full responsibility for the error, and offered to fix it immediately. Truly a class act, and just another example of the excellent customer service that seems to be norm at Admore Lighting.

Pete

+1, David has been very good in fixing any problems, I had replaced all my turn/brake bulbs on the FJR with LED's and the light kit for my E-52 and was having a problem with the lights flickering on the E-52, found out they need a special harness. great customer service. :clapping:

+4

The phone seems to be Dave's best resource for problem solving. I had a special need and emailed for assistance for my E-52 Admore Lighting Kit and my blinking unit for both top case and OEM stop lights. Got a call and follow-up call to ensure everything was working properly.

They're great with their follow-up and just to add, the problem was nothing to do with the Admore product.

Keep Going!

Last edited by a moderator: