A couple pictures...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
To get things started...I thought I would post up some preliminary photos from this Kali trip. This trip was epic, and I mean epic for this FJR rider...so the real report is coming later.

Just thought I would post a couple photos from each day...they aren't necessarily the best photos from each day...but represent what happened or what I saw on that day. My full ride report will not be a puppychow, OM, TominCA, etc ride report...so get ready to be disappointed....this isn't even a ride report. :D

14May - Sat

2011MAYKALITRIP006.jpg

15May - Sun

2011MAYKALITRIP034.jpg

16May - Mon

2011MAYKALITRIP054.jpg

17May - Tue

2011MAYKALITRIP076.jpg

18May - Wed

2011MAYKALITRIP083.jpg

2011MAYKALITRIP113.jpg

19May - Thu

2011MAYKALITRIP023.jpg

20May - Fri

2011MAYKALITRIP141.jpg

2011MAYKALITRIP164.jpg

21May - Sat

2011MAYKALITRIP182.jpg

2011MAYKALITRIP231.jpg

2011MAYKALITRIP258.jpg

22May - Sun

2011MAYKALITRIP261.jpg

2011MAYKALITRIP265.jpg

2011MAYKALITRIP276.jpg

23May - Mon

2011MAYKALITRIP262.jpg

2011MAYKALITRIP305.jpg

24May - Tue

2011MAYKALITRIP307.jpg

2011MAYKALITRIP317.jpg

2011MAYKALITRIP336.jpg

25May - Wed

2011MAYKALITRIP348.jpg

2011MAYKALITRIP353.jpg

26May - Thu

2011MAYKALITRIP354.jpg

2011MAYKALITRIP377.jpg

2011MAYKALITRIP383.jpg

2011MAYKALITRIP392.jpg

27May - Fri

2011MAYKALITRIP114.jpg

2011MAYKALITRIP424.jpg

2011MAYKALITRIP447.jpg

2011MAYKALITRIP463.jpg

28May - Sat

2011MAYKALITRIP419.jpg

2011MAYKALITRIP421.jpg

29May - Sun

2011MAYKALITRIP471.jpg

2011MAYKALITRIP478.jpg

2011MAYKALITRIP474.jpg

If you liked these pictures, but are dissatisfied with this incomplete RR and don't mind lots of words to get the story behind the picture...then clicky Here

Last edited by a moderator:
Wheatie,

No disappointment here, nice pics and there are some begging for captions, such as Rich pointing both directions and who's idea it was to try that pass that was closed by snow! Good to meet you both and enjoyed sharing Skaggs Springs Road with ya'll. Sounds like you both enjoyed the trip despite being one of the wettest May we've had in quite awhile. I'm sure you've got a lot of states checked off of the list after this trip.

And those are just a FEW of the shots you took....and a minuscle part of the memories that are still swirling through your brain. :yahoo:

I suppose you'd do it again tomorrow if you had the time off and the $$$! ;)

T'was grreat seeing you two enjoy some California roadways.

The lack of nudity and sheep relegates this to also ran file Mark.. :lol:

Great shots in there :) Plenty of memories made of that I'm sure.

He says..
rolleyes.gif

My full ride report will not be a puppychow, OM, TominCA, etc ride report...so get ready to be disappointed....this isn't even a ride report. :D
.. and then he posts those pictures.
clapping.gif
yahoo.gif

Looking forward to the rest, those pictures are screaming to tell a story and we are all waiting and straining to hear. Start forking over that story already Wheatie!
laugh.gif

A lot of fun memories as a result of this trip of a couple of Illinois FJR riders that are no longer strangers. Nice little summary of an epic trip. It's hard to know where to begin with something that became this big.

For those wondering, we went up Emmigrant Trail knowing it was closed, but somthing about a road no one else is on can be a good thing.

An excellent start Mark :clapping: Awaiting the rest with much anticipation :)

I'm wondering ......... how many pics did you take on the trip?
...about 400 pics. Most of them junk...but some of them good enough to fill around with text for the RR.

...Will start on the RR tonight after looking at my shorthand notes and reviewing the pictures. I suppose I should wait until I have all the day's RR completed before I start posting...unlike previous reports.

I should also make special mention here to thank people who made special efforts to help me before and during this trip. I don't want to wait until the RR is done as that may take too long to provide a timely thank-you.

Rich/exskibum - NorCal routes, snow reports, and ride leading...THANK-YOU! Thanks for everything! It was fun to ride behind such a smooth rider. :clapping:

Skaggs Spring Rd. HOLY CRAP!!! :yahoo:

Tyler - CenCal routes, organizing rides, organizing dinners, and MORE organizing...and ride leading. You did heaps of work for me girl...much more than I deserve, and more than I can ever repay you for. Thank-you so much. :clapping: It seems strange to think that we just met...seems like I've known you for a long time.

Griff - My riding buddy that couldn't make the ride. Griff made all the reservations for us three...and then didn't get the benefit of his own labor. Sorry you couldn't make the trip...airboss and I made the best of it. ;) Thanks for all the work you also did pre-ride to change the CCT, install sparkplugs, do a TBS, change fork oil, and all the other stuff you do helping to teach me the basics of FJR maintenance. THANKS buddy. :clapping:

KJ/George - Thanks for being my first tour guide out here...you did a great job...making efforts so I could see Morro Bay and the Rock, AND doing the Trooper mod to my bike.(I like the mod...and my son David smiled a great big smile when he heard it for the first time) :yahoo: I had great fun riding with you, seeing your art work in your barn, and eating at Maggie's Diner. Thanks! :clapping: Thanks also for lending Rudy out to us to lead us the next day...we had great fun following him down 229 and 58 to McKittrick and back.

Richard/Fairlaner - Thanks for being the man at party central at Big Bad Bubba's BBQ. I had a great time...thanks for telling the man at the mechanical bull controls to take it easy on my old body. The thoughts of blowing out a knee just as this trip was starting up with thousands of miles left to go did cross my mind. ;) Thanks also for the hints regarding the GoPro setup on my bike...that helped alot. It was also fun to try to hang with you for a little bit on Peach Tree road with the GoPro going. :yahoo:

Doug/Bugnatr - Thanks also, bigtime, to Doug/Bugnatr and his wife for hosting us at their house in Peardale. You guys went way over the top to put us up. We were pretty whupped by the time we got to your place, and you guys let us just hang out and relax. I appreciated the ride you set up and I also really appreciated the birthday dinner you set up just for me. I had a really nice evening...and have already worn the "Willo" restaurant tee-shirt you gave me with pride. THANKS! :clapping:

TOMinCA - At the very last minute...the night before I believe...we found out that Rich was not able to lead for the last day we were in California due to mechanical and real life getting in the way issues. Tom stepped right up to fill the gap and took airboss and I on a great ride. It was a great way to spend our last full day in Kali....thanks Tom. We really appreciated what you did for us there...that was huge. :yahoo:

Last, but not least, Karl and I want to thank every one of you who came out to ride with us. We know it wasn't about us, because it doesn't take much for people to want to get out and ride. We just had a great time meeting new FJR friends, and reacquainting with friends we've met before. You guys all rock!!! :yahoo:

EDIT: Dagnabbit, I knew I would forget somebody. The morning we left Bodega Bay, I looked at my oil level and it was down to the bottom of the sight glass. :huh: I had to get some oil...on a Sunday even...in NorCal. Fat chance. Well as Beemerdons and Brodie were heading for points south, I asked if either of them had some oil. Beemerdons gets off his already loaded bike, and gives Lucy Liu (his FJR) a splash of oil and then hands me the rest of his quart. Thanks Don! :clapping: I know that messed up your party plans later...but my bike needed it and must have really liked your oil. It kept all of it. :) You really can count on FJR riders to help out in a pinch...that's been my experience for sure.

[Last, but not least, Karl and I want to thank every one of you who came out to ride with us. We know it wasn't about us, because it doesn't take much for people to want to get out and ride. We just had a great time meeting new FJR friends, and reacquainting with friends we've met before. You guys all rock!!! :yahoo:
It wasn't?................Really??................No Celebrity Status???

I was absolutely Floored by our reception,+1000 to what Mark said.

I know where this foto was taken!

Did you happen to see the little Christmas tree at the corner just prior?

2011MAYKALITRIP023.jpg