EOM - Muzzy Pipe - Winner!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickster

Reaction score
First the earth cooled...then I won the Muzzy Slip-On pipe at EOM in Boone, NC.

First Muzzy is a great crew. Not only did they donate the item to the forum, the EXCHANGED it for the 2006 Titanium model. (I did offer, and pay the difference in price from the one's donated to the ones I wanted).

The pipes were on hold for a while -- there was some issue with a bracket (unsure of what it was) specific to the 2006 model. Although I've read people putting their ''03-'05 pipes on their '06 bikes -- I waited patiently.

Muzzy has a different set of part numbers for the 2006.

SO after all that, the pipes showed up yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!! Hurray.....

One thing that sucks, and I mean sucks bad -- there is ZERO mention of needing new exhaust gaskets.... (see other post) SO -- after ordering a pair of gaskets ($12.65 each) -- they will be here next Tuesday. I got the original gaskets out of the OEM muffler (and yes it's tricky -- send SASE plus $9.95 and I'll tell you how I did it with a 2" piece of PVC, some wire, some elbow grease, and a ball pein hammer! ;) )

Screw all that -- the pipes sound great if you want a louder sound, and look even better! Especially on the Cerulean Silver. The major plus for me?? The Ti color match to the silver trim pieces looks really hot. Fit and finish are great, engineering and clearance is great also

Bottom line--- all winners -- me, Muzzy, the forum, and now you win free info

Right Side with and without Bags:

Muzzy_NoBag_Right.jpg

Muzzy_Bag_Right.jpg

Rear with and without bags:

Muzzyy_NoBag_RAngle.jpg

Muzzy_Bag_Rear2.jpg

Detail of the centerstand bracket on the mid-section pipe (my hand is holding the center-stand away for better viewing)

Muzzy_CenterStand2.jpg

and my pic: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
You lucky dog. I had my eye on those pipes at EOM, along with a couple other choice items. :) They look great on your bike.

Hey Rickster,

Congrats on the win. Nice pics. What kind of rear tire is that on your bike?

Thanks,

shokdimn :bike:

shokdimn --

Rear is now a Michelin Pilot Road. Picked up a nasty gash (non-pluggable) on the Mezzler Z6 a few days ago... I haven't even scrubbed it in (installed the tire and pipes this morning) so no opinion on the PR. I run Pilot Powers on my sport bike and like them very much.

EDIT:

The intent of the post was to show other forum members what the pipe looks like on an '06. The Muzzy site doesn't have many pictures, and none are very detailed.

I just wanted to allow other forum members to see that Muzzy supports us, and does have a good product for the '03-'05 and '06 FJR. Each person will have to decide what is 'best', and make their own decisions (like every other farkle.)

As for sound clips -- I was gonna do a dB measurement before/after, and record -- but with the exhaust gasket debacle -- I skipped it.

Rickster,

Sorry if thats the way it sounded....I just meant the way they look just isn't my taste thats all. I whole heartedly agree with you that every member should decide for themselves what works for them and the fact that Muzzy stood up and donated them goes over and above what they had to do and they should be supported accordingly. I was at EOM when you won them and I won a Starcom Intercom from Jeff at SportBikeEffects....another forum supporter who we should all purchase from. My apologies if my post was taken in the wrong light and I DO appreciate the fact that you did a write up and took the time to post pics. Since my original post did nothing to contribute to your thread I'll delete it in the spirit of forum friendship.

First the earth cooled...then I won the Muzzy Slip-On pipe at EOM in Boone, NC.
First Muzzy is a great crew. Not only did they donate the item to the forum, the EXCHANGED it for the 2006 Titanium model. (I did offer, and pay the difference in price from the one's donated to the ones I wanted).

The pipes were on hold for a while -- there was some issue with a bracket (unsure of what it was) specific to the 2006 model. Although I've read people putting their ''03-'05 pipes on their '06 bikes -- I waited patiently.

Muzzy has a different set of part numbers for the 2006.

SO after all that, the pipes showed up yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!! Hurray.....

One thing that sucks, and I mean sucks bad -- there is ZERO mention of needing new exhaust gaskets.... (see other post) SO -- after ordering a pair of gaskets ($12.65 each) -- they will be here next Tuesday. I got the original gaskets out of the OEM muffler (and yes it's tricky -- send SASE plus $9.95 and I'll tell you how I did it with a 2" piece of PVC, some wire, some elbow grease, and a ball pein hammer! ;) )

Screw all that -- the pipes sound great if you want a louder sound, and look even better! Especially on the Cerulean Silver. The major plus for me?? The Ti color match to the silver trim pieces looks really hot. Fit and finish are great, engineering and clearance is great also

Bottom line--- all winners -- me, Muzzy, the forum, and now you win free info

Right Side with and without Bags:

Muzzy_NoBag_Right.jpg

Muzzy_Bag_Right.jpg

Rear with and without bags:

Muzzyy_NoBag_RAngle.jpg

Muzzy_Bag_Rear2.jpg

Detail of the centerstand bracket on the mid-section pipe (my hand is holding the center-stand away for better viewing)

Muzzy_CenterStand2.jpg

and my pic: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Rick, what kind of windscreen is that?

Latest posts