GoPro Camera Mounting Locations

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgiaRoller

Exit Stage Left
Reaction score
For tons of pictures of mounting locations please go HERE!...(Thank you Pashnit Moto for putting together this awesome resource page!)

I've been asked several times about how & where to mount the GoPro camera on the FJR for filming our rides. Many have asked for pictures and locations. I know some other members have posted some pictures but I wanted to expand upon what has already been posted. I'll just refer folks to this thread from now on about mounting options.

I was gonna take some pictures of my mounting locations but I came across a site that has already done the work for me by the fine folks at Pashnit Moto out of CA.

The Suction Cup Mount is your friend! Stop being scared to use it! I've used it for 2years and no I've never had the camera fall off yet. This mount is a high performance motosports mount specifically designed for external use on motorcycles, snowmobiles, cars, trucks or anything that has a flat clean surface and moves really fast. It has a suction lock design for high speeds and like any suction mount the surface just needs to be flat and clean is all.

Like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FijTDRMVvk4

See the suction cup mounted GoPro camera on the lower left side front fairing of my bike in the picture below?

US129-NATE1.jpg

This is the perspective from the camera in a hard left curve from this mount location.

Action-Nate1.jpg

Also you can't go wrong with the helmet mount option for that first person perspective. You should have gotten a couple flat adhesive mounting bases as well as a couple curved mounting bases with your GoPro kit. The curved one is specifically for the contour of the top or side of your helmet.

Like this...

This is the riding perspective of the camera mounted on the top of your helmet.

Action-Nate2.jpg

Your only limited to the amount of locations & camera angles by your own creativity!

This isn't rocket science. Get out there and test different locations and have fun with it!....(I hope this helps)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good info GR. I too have put the suction cup to the test and it has always held up. I think people feel this is the same suction cup mount that GPS units use and always fall off the dash of their cager. It is NOT. I like the extended arms offered on that site. That would really get some good shot angles off and away from the bike.

And don't forget, in generall to capture the feel of speed, it seems the lower the mount the faster you look like you are going. Top of the helmet is good for sightseeing videos but will make you look like you are at a sightseeing pace. Mounted to the side of the bike and low, feels like you hare hauling. Also, always fun to mount it so you can see your front suspension. You usually don't realize how much it moves around on even the smoothest of roads.

Well some of you have probably seen this vid already, but it's about the best angle to mount a goPro I've found. It's on the very front of the bike below the headlights. The thing I don't like about having it on a Gyro or on yer helmet is that you don't get a feel for the lean angle. and isn't that where the fun is? the lean angle and the scenery?

it is for me anyway...

The suction cup really does work well, and so far, that's been my only mounting for my new camera. But it doesn't take much searching in Google or YouTube to find vids from cameras that came off while suction mounted. Who knows if the owners mounted them right, or cleaned the surface, or any of that, but the stakes are kind of high, expense-wise. So I believe I'll keep a safety cord tied to the mount and around something on the bike. A very cheap insurance policy, IMO. But I do like the camera, and every time I go searching for GoPro vids, I find new ways to try it, like the bird feeder cam, or mounting it on the dog. Not too sure about that one, though, with my dog.