• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

New 2006+ Backrest Style

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well gang, due to popular demand, the R&D dept came up with a new backrest bracket design for 2006 and newer bikes. The pad as shown is about 8-1/2" wide x 8" tall. Other pad styles are available. The pad mounting plate height and shape can be adjusted if you prefer something different. Placement of the pad can also be customized to accommodate the passenger's needs.

These are normally powdercoated in satin black, but color-matched paint is also available. The kit comes with (3) new longer SST screws and spacer bushings. Installation takes about 2 minutes. Cost as shown is $150 plus S&H - color paint is $20 extra.

If you want one, just send me a PM and we can probably make one up to suit your requirements. B)

06Style_2a.jpg

06Style_2b.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well gang, due to popular demand, the R&D dept came up with a new backrest bracket design for 2006 and newer bikes. :yahoo: The photos of the following two backrest brackets show some of the design options that can be incorporated. The pad as shown is about 8-1/2" wide x 8" tall. Other pad styles are available. The pad mounting plate height and shape can be adjusted if you prefer something different. Placement of the pad can also be customized to accomodate the passenger's needs.

These are normally powdercoated in satin black, but color-matched paint is also available. The kit comes with (3) new longer SST screws and spacer bushings. Installation takes about 2 minutes. Cost as shown is $145 delivered - paint is $15 extra.

If you want one, just send me a PM and we can probably make one up to suit your requirements. B)

Thanks!
Gary:

Thanks for posting the pictures. I am interested in the different pad styles. Do you have any pictures you could post or a link? I will send you pictures and measurements in a separate PM.

Thanks,

Seeing Gary's new rest caused me to PM a suggestion to him. I bought one for my '06 a few months ago.

We just had a nice chat on the 'phone. Wonder how often a 'fabber calls a client to discuss a suggestion and just shoot the bull?

I think he is also surprised at the volume of orders-- more work to do and hours to put in than anticipated. Ain't capitalism great? I hope he cries all the way to the bank. :p

B)

I think he is also surprised at the volume of orders-- more work to do and hours to put in than anticipated. Ain't capitalism great? I hope he cries all the way to the bank.
- Maybe to pull out some $$$ to pay the wife for the divorce after spending all those hours working in the shop away from her. :dribble:

only kidding - she's great. I'm glad I can help fellow riders out...

We love the backrest and you did a fantastic job. Before the backrest, I wasn’t too sure I would ride anymore since my husband scaled down from a full dresser Goldwing 1800 to this FJR 1300. However, since the backrest – Yup, I’ll continue to ride. It really made the difference and does not detract AT ALL!

To anyone considering adding a backrest to their FJR - this is the one!! Garauld has a quality, top notch, easy to install product!!

:clapping:

JeanP

Just got my "HYBRID" Gary backrest/rack combo for my 06 FJR!!! :yahoo:

After looking around, I decided I liked the quality of Gary's work and his design is very functional. You can use the rest or rack as stand alone deals or both combined. I liked a backrest pad by Premier Cycle Accessories. With this in mind, I asked Gary if he could put this pad on his design and he said yes! I had the pad shipped directly to him and it all worked out. The slightly wider curved design gives good lateral support in turns and the pad is top notch! My daughter is used to my Corbin rest on my VF1100S Sabre and she says this setup blows that away. We will report back after some miles. I can't say enough about Gary's work. It is FLAWLESS and attention to detail, paint match, design, etc are just incredible. Below is one pic followed by a link to a PDF with 20 pix on it. Have a look and see for yourself. I am a very happy camper and thanks Gary! Link to PDF with lots of pix (2 megs so click and wait)

PDF file with 20 pix

AND

One teaser pic :clapping:

rest1.jpg

Well gang, due to popular demand, the R&D dept came up with a new backrest bracket design for 2006 and newer bikes. The pad as shown is about 8-1/2" wide x 8" tall. Other pad styles are available. The pad mounting plate height and shape can be adjusted if you prefer something different. Placement of the pad can also be customized to accommodate the passenger's needs.
These are normally powdercoated in satin black, but color-matched paint is also available. The kit comes with (3) new longer SST screws and spacer bushings. Installation takes about 2 minutes. Cost as shown is $150 plus S&H - color paint is $20 extra.

06Style_2a.jpg

06Style_2b.jpg

Thanks!
still doing backrests ?????????

06Style_2a.jpg

06Style_2b.jpg

Thanks!
Hi,

Wasn't sure if your still making these or not? would like for you to keep me in mind if you do go back into production. I just bought a 2007 FJR today. It did come with a factory trunk but I'm not sure it will be on most of the time and I would like a backrest for my lady.

Regards.

Mario

Hi,Wasn't sure if your still making these or not? would like for you to keep me in mind if you do go back into production. I just bought a 2007 FJR today. It did come with a factory trunk but I'm not sure it will be on most of the time and I would like a backrest for my lady.

Regards.

Mario
Ditto on this -- just got a 2007 with factory trunk and rack. Wondering if you're going to produce these?

FiveG

Hi, new owner of a '07 maroon FJR. I'm interested in one of your rear rack / backrest gadgets. Hope you're still doing these. You'd probably want at least a deposit. Please let me know. If it makes any difference, I'm probably going to buy - eventually - both a front and rear seat from Corbin. Thanks very much.

randy perkins

northfield mn

Gary,

Everything arrived and is installed. Took me longer to drag out tools and put them away, than to install. Great work....Your products and craftmanship are top notch!