New Aussie FJR's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tropical FJR

Reaction score
New colours and heated grips now as standard on all models.

353013lmt0.jpg

353012lpa3.jpg

353011lln6.jpg

i could live without the heated grips, but the silver would have been nice to have. states always seem to be the last to see the good/neat stuff :angry2:

Perhaps one of you blokes could ask Yamaha USA why Australia gets 3 colours when our FJR sales are about a 10% of the US??

Total sales for the 06 FJR in Australia was 323 units, not many at all.

For such a low sales volume you would think that Yamaha would give the USA more colour choices due to a much larger sales volume.

Puzzling for sure why only 1 vs 3 choices...

My instincts tell me that you Aussies are just enjoying this little fact... :)

BTW, how's the summer goin' down there?

BTW, how's the summer goin' down there?
As usual, very hot.

Third day in a row in Adelaide with 42 c temp (108F), high humidity as well so it is not nice.

As for the colours, I would prefer the blue or red bike in a solid colour, I don't really like the silver stripes or rear end.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live at the other end of the country from Shadow (the far north east) - the temps aren't as high, but the humidity is a killer...

Lots of rain here as well... not much riding at the mo...

:angry2:

It’s my understanding mate, that you guys are sending a few tons of Roo and Dingo meat to those folks in Japan, we Americans only send our dollars :p . Go ahead, laugh it up….by the way do you guys have any fast GP riders this year?

I do like those stripes!

Regards,

B

It’s my understanding mate, that you guys are sending a few tons of Roo and Dingo meat to those folks in Japan, we Americans only send our dollars :p . Go ahead, laugh it up….by the way do you guys have any fast GP riders this year?
Roo meat maybe but not Dingo, no dog processing plants in Aus.

Casey Stoner may do okay if he can keep it upright.

Y'know, even if it is in Aus dollars, there are a few folks floating around who know where to do the conversions. So, posting the MSRP isn't a wasted effort.

Last edited by a moderator:
Y'know, even if it is in Aus dollars, there are a few folks floating around who know where to do the conversions. So, posting the MSRP isn't a wasted effort.
About $24,000 Australian dollars ( about $18,000 US ) I was in a dealer today as they were unpacking two ( both sold ). They were silver and they had a 2006 model in silver ,looked the same silver but without the stripes . I really liked the 2007 in silver with stripes!

Perhaps one of you blokes could ask Yamaha USA why Australia gets 3 colours when our FJR sales are about a 10% of the US??
Because the FJR will never sell in the US, just ask Yamaha. Originally you couldn't even get the bike here, it was only through a grass root effort by riders and magazines did Yamaha agree to sell it here - and then with the infamous PDP. All-in-all, I would say it is because Yamaha is really slow on the uptake <_< .