Anyone heard from Skyway? Is he OK???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EffBee

Reaction score
Hope everything's alright with him and that there isn't some sort of personal problem or tragedy that's caused him to be incommunicado.

He was very helpful when I first joined this board and sent him some messages asking about stuff for my '07. So I sent him my money (PayPal) in the middle of June for some Delrin sliders. I heard nothing, not even an order acknowledgment. I followed that up with another message about a week ago. Still nothing. I know he's a trusted member here, and I'm a pretty patient guy, but I sure would like to know at least the status of my order and when I can expect delivery. Even if it's gonna be another month, just let me know.

The money's actually the more minor of the issues. I don't know the guy, but he was helpful to me and I thought I'd return the favor and support his business efforts. Anyone heard from him lately? Anyone know if he's OK?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope everything's alright with him and that there isn't some sort of personal problem or tragedy that's caused him to be incommunicado.
He was very helpful when I first joined this board and sent him some messages asking about stuff for my '07. So I sent him my money (PayPal) in the middle of June for some Delrin sliders. I heard nothing, not even an order acknowledgment. I followed that up with another message about a week ago. Still nothing. I know he's a trusted member here, and I'm a pretty patient guy, but I sure would like to know at least the status of my order and when I can expect delivery. Even if it's gonna be another month, just let me know.

The money's actually the more minor of the issues. I don't know the guy, but he was helpful to me and I thought I'd return the favor and support his business efforts. Anyone heard from him lately? Anyone know if he's OK?
He's fine, struggling with a monster piece of brand new equipment about the size of three mini vans for a week. It's now on line and cranking out sliders. He's been to busy with 14 hour days to check PM / e mail. Things will be normal (? ) in a couple days.

I spoke with him tonight.

He was in a very good mood as his new, very $$$$ machine was finally up an running and in the midst of making 400 or so pair of Delrin sliders. :yahoo: Aluminum sliders to be made next, followed by windshield spacers.

He's had a rough couple weeks, but now that new machine is in and running, orders he is way behind on should be shipping very soon.

It seems the amount of peeps out there wanting his farkles overwhelmed him and was not anticipated, but now with the new machine thingy, and very soon a new website where all aspects of the ordering process will be automated, the mess will start clearing itself out.

I know from speaking with him personally, that he is extremely frustrated about the pace of things of late and the delay of delivering product, but the status of things is 'over the hump' so to speak.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, Gentlemen. I was just waiting for SOME kind of contact or acknowledgment from him. It's good to hear of his success and that nothing bad has befallen him.

I'm glad to hear he's got that dragon slayed. I know it can be frustrating trying to get heavy machinery set up and am sure he's been putting in a lot of hours. I'll look forward to getting my sliders soon and wish him continued success.

Good luck Ian - I hope things go smoothly for you from now on and will not hesistate to reccomend you and your products to any FJR owners I meet!

I spoke with him tonight.
He was in a very good mood as his new, very $$$$ machine was finally up an running and in the midst of making 400 or so pair of Delrin sliders. :yahoo: Aluminum sliders to be made next, followed by windshield spacers...
SkooterG, just saw your post about Ian planning on making Windshield Spacers, do you have any more info on this, possibly pics?

SkooterG, just saw your post about Ian planning on making Windshield Spacers, do you have any more info on this, possibly pics?
Clicky HERE.

I don't think he makes them for Gen II FJRs (06 & 07) as the windshield mechanism is different I believe. But I am not sure of that, so you would need to contact him.

As a pricey alternative, Rifle makes stuff to get more angle for both Gen I and Gen II FJRs. Skyway's spacers mimic what the Rifle 'tuning block' does for Gen I FJRs. I swear by the tuning block, as well as my Rifle shield.

JamesK - Correction to my post two above:

I spoke wit da wittle gwirl Skyway herself last night, and he does, or at least will be making windshield spacers for the Gen II (06+) FJRs.

Still waiting for my '07 Delrin frame sliders. $88 payment sent by PayPal 7 weeks ago. I've been sending messages and e-mails and haven't been able to get a response, a confirmation or anything. I don't know Ian, but if anyone does and could ask him to contact me with an estimated delivery date, it would be appreciated.

Still waiting for my '07 Delrin frame sliders. $88 payment sent by PayPal 7 weeks ago. I've been sending messages and e-mails and haven't been able to get a response, a confirmation or anything. I don't know Ian, but if anyone does and could ask him to contact me with an estimated delivery date, it would be appreciated.
Ian called me yesterday in response to an email I sent from his new website.

He is running behind, of course, but he also mentioned something about "not getting all his Paypal info in a timely fashion"

If you payed by PP - before he stopped using it - drop by his site and send him a message from their...

Ian called me yesterday in response to an email I sent from his new website.

He is running behind, of course, but he also mentioned something about "not getting all his Paypal info in a timely fashion"

If you payed by PP - before he stopped using it - drop by his site and send him a message from their...
I talked with him just before WFO and there were some problems with PayPal, so he has converted to credit cards. It is posssible your order was in "PayPal Hell".

DaSpyda posted a good idea: Use his new website and email him about the problem.

For some reason, I'm not getting any messages from you. I have replied to many, many messages through my website, but somehow yours is not getting through? Please contact me ASAP via the phone number on my web site and I'll straighten out your order immediately.

For some reason, I'm not getting any messages from you. I have replied to many, many messages through my website, but somehow yours is not getting through? Please contact me ASAP via the phone number on my web site and I'll straighten out your order immediately.
No problem. Ian. Just glad to know you're working on it. I did send you a message on this board a few weeks ago. Today, I sent you a message off the "contact" link on your website, and I left you a voice mail as well. I look forward to hearing from you, that you've found my order and payment, and that things are on their way.

Thanks in advance.

Mine came in today - two days after speaking with Ian.

Thanks, buddy, may you ride upright and visible (when you get a chance!!)

Latest posts