The Forecast Calls For Pain

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ari Rankum

NAFO Karting Champion, 2012
Reaction score
Something is definitely up. So I checked with NOAA. It's going to be a BAD Friday:

NOAA SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE US/NATIONAL

1030 PM PDT WED OCT 17 2007

CAZ034>041-044>047-051>054-059-087-088-190500-

...POTENTIAL STRONG DOGPILE ON TAP FOR LARGE PORTIONS OF THE SOUTHLAND,

EAST, AND WEST COASTAL REGIONS FRIDAY.

A STRONG AND FAST MOVING FRONTAL SYSTEM WILL SWEEP ACROSS THE NATION

EARLY FRIDAY INTO FRIDAY EVENING. IN THE WAKE OF THIS DOGPILE

...THERE WILL BE INCREASING NORTHWEST TO NORTH WINDS ACROSS THE

SOUTHLAND ON FRIDAY AND FRIDAY NIGHT. DURING THIS TIME...THERE

WILL BE THE POTENTIAL FOR STRONG WORDS ACROSS THE PASSES AND CANYONS

OF SOUTHERN SANTA BARBARA COUNTY...THE INTERSTATE 5 CORRIDOR...AND

THE ANTELOPE VALLEY. ALL OF THESE LOCATIONS COULD ONCE AGAIN EXPERIENCE

LOCAL BLOWHARDS WITH WIND GUSTS OVER 50 MPH. IN ADDITION...STRONG NORTHWEST WINDBAGS

WILL AFFECT THE ENTIRE OUTER COASTAL WATERS...WHERE SHITSTORM WARNINGS

WILL LIKELY BE REQUIRED.

Last edited by a moderator:
Something is definitely up. So I checked with NOAA. It's going to be a BAD Friday:
NOAA SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE US/NATIONAL

1030 PM PDT WED OCT 17 2007

CAZ034>041-044>047-051>054-059-087-088-190500-

...POTENTIAL STRONG DOGPILE ON TAP FOR LARGE PORTIONS OF THE SOUTHLAND,

EAST, AND WEST COASTAL REGIONS FRIDAY.

A STRONG AND FAST MOVING FRONTAL SYSTEM WILL SWEEP ACROSS THE NATION

EARLY FRIDAY INTO FRIDAY EVENING. IN THE WAKE OF THIS DOGPILE

...THERE WILL BE INCREASING NORTHWEST TO NORTH WINDS ACROSS THE

SOUTHLAND ON FRIDAY AND FRIDAY NIGHT. DURING THIS TIME...THERE

WILL BE THE POTENTIAL FOR STRONG WORDS ACROSS THE PASSES AND CANYONS

OF SOUTHERN SANTA BARBARA COUNTY...THE INTERSTATE 5 CORRIDOR...AND

THE ANTELOPE VALLEY. ALL OF THESE LOCATIONS COULD ONCE AGAIN EXPERIENCE

LOCAL BLOWHARDS WITH WIND GUSTS OVER 50 MPH. IN ADDITION...STRONG NORTHWEST WINDBAGS

WILL AFFECT THE ENTIRE OUTER COASTAL WATERS...WHERE SHITSTORM WARNINGS

WILL LIKELY BE REQUIRED.
Now that is funny!

So, DogPile Friday on Ari? :rolleyes:

Ari...we'll be looking for you tomorrow. And remember that "secure parking space" you were asking about @ NAFO..... :rolleyes:

:clapping: A seriously funny "forecast". :clapping: Good job! :yahoo:

Someone just needs to give this blowhard a reason tomorrow. And, yes, I live just below a canyon, so I'll have the Santa Anas filling my sails. Word to the wise. ;)

:lol:

Do I have to actually post something stupid, or can I just send you some links?

Do I have to actually post something stupid, or can I just send you some links?
If you expend a little effort, it makes it more fun for the rest of us.

Sincerely,

Northwest windbag

Someone just needs to give this blowhard a reason tomorrow. And, yes, I live just below a canyon, so I'll have the Santa Anas filling my sails. Word to the wise. ;)

"Uhh...Hi I'm new here and I wondered if anyone else had the problem of the bike falling down when you lean it over without a kickstand. I think this bike is a lemon."

"Uhh...Hi I'm new here and I wondered if anyone else had the problem of the bike falling down when you lean it over without a kickstand.
I was wondering how heavy the bike feels when you set the sidestand down on top of your foot. Anybody???

Speaking of sidestands, where's that slacker Skyway and those enlargement plates?

I was wondering how heavy the bike feels when you set the sidestand down on top of your foot. Anybody???
Just a guess, mind you, but I'd say about 150 - 200 lbs of dead weight crushing down on 2 square inches of bony foot. Kinda like a hot poker in the eye. Just a guess, though.

CHPhomo.JPG

Not directed at anyone in particular; just sharpening my claws up for tomorrow, thank you.... :D

ok, how many of you guys are posting from your place of work?

(i'll be checking for answers from mine)

Speaking of sidestands, where's that slacker Skyway and those enlargement plates?
Yes! YES!! We must dog-pile the fuck outta that deadbeat no-account!! Good call, Toe-Man!!! B)

Damn, we are going to have to start a database to track all the DPF players..... :blink:

The Northwest Windbag came in earlier than thought....musta been playing EDT or something with this. It looks like it's going to be a long day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any rules on the forum about posting the same picture twice in two seperate posts insinuating one might have a certain afliction for a popular television show with motorcycle policemen? :glare:

Yes..it's 3:15 am where I am and NO i don't have a life. At all.

Is there any rules on the forum about posting the same picture twice in two seperate posts insinuating one might have a certain afliction for a popular television show with motorcycle policemen? :glare:
Yes..it's 3:15 am where I am and NO i don't have a life. At all.
MAYBE....that's the hairdo Dale wishes HE had. OR....since shaving his head last year, perhaps he's suffering a minor brain freeze?