I made eye contact and then he just went anyway....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toecutter

What would DoG do?
Reaction score
[SIZE=10pt]I've officially heard that line too many times now. Where the hell are we cruising, singles bars???[/SIZE]

If looks could kill, I would be watching other people's eyes, but they can't, so I don't righteously give a fuck about where people are looking. For all I know (and assume), if they've got their face pointed in my direction, they're looking right through me, because I'm invisible to them until I pass, then I don't care about them anymore, unless they start closing on me in my mirrors.

There's a saying in certain circles; "In God We Trust. Everybody else, keep your hands where I can see them. Hands kill"

That's why the cops are on high alert until they get the cuffs on behind the suspect's back. Then, they can relax a little, because the risk of getting killed goes way down.

<CONTENT><RANT>

BUMPERS KILL. FENDERS TOO. KEEP YOUR EYES ON THOSE PARTS, AND QUIT FLIRTING WITH THE CAGERS!!!

If I actually cared enough to be looking for faces, which I don't, I'd rather see the back of the head, because most people look right before they go. See a face, that means they want to pull out into your path. How do you know if they're looking at you or past you. I know they're looking past, because I'm invisible to them. You probably are too, so keep your eyes on objects that can end you, and you may live longer. YMMV

</CONTENT></RANT>

[SIZE=8pt]A Public Service Message from the Toe Patrol[/SIZE]

"When I was in England, I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale and never tried it again." –Bill Clinton

"Today, in California, I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I LIKED it. I inhaled deeply and then posted strange stuff." -Toecutter

me thinks it is likely a case of "post traumatic close call syndrome"

1. it’s been a real long shift

2. someone brought in a bottle of tequila

3. the brush fire turns out to have been a pot patch

4. it IS a full moon

5. won’t toe be surprised when he finds out someone at the station is using his computer to post things in his name

6. toe is preparing to switch jobs and work for the post office

(I hope toe’s FJR is ok, ‘cause he isn’t)

I'm just glad you are able to write about it. When I read the byline, I thought things had not turned out well.

I wonder if the bastages might see us better if we rode like this?

77.jpg

Hey, c'mon, Toe's only human. We all have to go out on the ledge once in awhile.

<CONTENT><RANT>BUMPERS KILL. FENDERS TOO. KEEP YOUR EYES ON THOSE PARTS, AND QUIT FLIRTING WITH THE CAGERS!!!

</CONTENT></RANT>[/size]
Personally, I watch the wheel to see if it starts in motion. It's easier to judge than whether a bumper or fender moves.

<CONTENT><RANT>BUMPERS KILL. FENDERS TOO. KEEP YOUR EYES ON THOSE PARTS, AND QUIT FLIRTING WITH THE CAGERS!!!

</CONTENT></RANT>[/size]
Personally, I watch the wheel to see if it starts in motion. It's easier to judge than whether a bumper or fender moves.
In this order: Driver's head, driver's hands, top of front tire (for movement and direction).

Eve outta town or sumpin', Bob?

In this order: Driver's head, driver's hands, top of front tire (for movement and direction).
Eve outta town or sumpin', Bob?

Then left to make sure I have a lane to move then back to the tire.

Toe,

I'm hoping to make it to NAFO but may have to miss WTF this year.

Last edited by a moderator: