Battery Location / Relocation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky3008

Finally got my collarbone fixed!!!
Reaction score
https://www.motorcycledaily.com/03may02yamaha2003fjr1300.html

This is of course the 03 review and some changes of fork springs and such have changed a little but the big question in my mind is would relocating the battery make substantial handling difference?

And has anyone tried it or thought about how difficult/easy it would be?

Where would a good location be?

Would it be worth the effort?

Just for funsies, take a 4ish pound block of lead and put it under your seat, then go for a ride. Tell us if you can feel a difference. Where else could it go? Maybe in that cavern down by the swing arm? Let's see... how heavy is this bike overall? Now move a couple pounds down 6 inches and back about a foot or two? Nah, I can't imagine it's going to make that big a difference in the scheme of things. I doubt I would be able to tell there'd even been a change. Except the battery may be easier/harder to reach.

A few people have re-located the battery to under the seat. In fact, there was a guy selling his 05 ABS FJR on fjrowners.com a couple months ago that had done that.

Worth it? Not to me, but heck, what do I know. I mean, I check my air pressure regularly. ;) :D

A few people have re-located the battery to under the seat. In fact, there was a guy selling his 05 ABS FJR on fjrowners.com a couple months ago that had done that.
Worth it? Not to me, but heck, what do I know. I mean, I check my air pressure regularly. ;) :D
Bah! Had to go there didn't ya :D

Just wondering! Figure if someone had done it and noticed a handling difference it might make it worth the effort.

Don't know till ya ask..

Yeah, sorry, I couldn't resist. ;)

Here is the listing I described above: 04 ABS battery relocated

No piccies in the add of the battery relocation, but if you are really interested, you could try emailing the seller for some photos and information on how he did it.

I don't think relocating the battery is going to make a noticable difference in how the bike handles. But by taking a track day you will learn how to handle the bike.

I don't think relocating the battery is going to make a noticable difference in how the bike handles. But by taking a track day you will learn how to handle the bike.
My question comes from reviewers that are probably much better riders than I who made this suggestion. I do enjoy your helpful comment though. :D