• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Replacement 'Moko' style Aluminum Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skyway

Reaction score
A while back I made myself a set of direct replacement Moko style frame sliders for the FJR. Well this last week in front of several other well known forum members, I finally put them to the test at a gas station, where I stepped on a patch of oil and lost my footing, timber! :haha:

Anyway, I have been quietly persued to supply them for other's. The slider shown is typical of what they will look like and note that they are also 3/8" longer than the stock moko puck, as some have made the case that moko's seem too short for full fairing protection. I am pleased to report that my fairings survived without a single scratch. They are machined out of billet 6061 aluminum.

If you think that aluminum is not a suitable crash bobbin material, you won't hurt my feelings, but please don't turn this thread into a bash fest over delrin vs. aluminum.

Price per set is $50.00 shipped to the lower 48.

I am not offering Paypal for this deal. Please snail mail a check payable to Ian Laing to:

Skyway

16928 B Crestview Drive

Sonora, CA 95370

IMG_0476.jpg

Re: Fitting my slider to the Motovation Slider.

It has been brought to my attention that the moko setup is a little different from the Motovation. If you wish to use my slider with the Motovation it will require a 10mm longer bolt than what was supplied from Motovation. I do not intend in supplying this bolt as its a $2.00 item available at any hardware store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn. Sorry to hear of your tip-over. So the slider saved the paint, then? Cool! How did the bracket fair?

Damn.  Sorry to hear of your tip-over.  So the slider saved the paint, then?  Cool!  How did the bracket fair?
Bracket is fine.

Is the pair in the pic polished or right out of the mill?

Is the pair in the pic polished or right out of the mill?
They have been lightly polished with some fine scotchbrite. It would be easy to polish them yourself, provided you have some way to get them spinning. Remember, quality polishing is a time consuming process. The finished machined surface right out of the lathe will be of high quality. We use a high polished carbide insert from Mitsubishi for turning aluminum.

Some serious bling there. Nicely done! Hmmm, I might have to get the polished version just to match up with my polished Throttlemeisters. What's the 'window of opportunity' for ordering?

What's the 'window of opportunity' for ordering?
Right now they are in the schedule for production and will be ready early in January. There will be no window of opportunity on them, I will hopefully be stocking them from here on out.

The replacement sliders will be available within a few days. The offer has changed a little, so stay tuned. ;)

Skyway,

What's the status on your sliders?

REALLY looking forward to these, or did

you change your mind on producing them?

Just curious...

Jim

Skyway,
What's the status on your sliders?

REALLY looking forward to these, or did

you change your mind on producing them?

Just curious...

Jim
Sorry for the delay. They are in production and I am quite sure at some point next week thay will be ready for shipping.

Skyway, will you let us know if they fit the 06 models when they come out?

I would really like to get yours if they fit the 06 bikes.

Skyway,

Thanks for the quick reply...

I still have to get the standard Moko's first anyway,

but I WAS curious.

Thanks for the info...

Jim

Skyway - when ready I wouldn't mind these sliders and your CC-100 mount if you have any remaining. Thanks!

Rich

MadMike needs some of these. One of his Moko's is scuffed up on his otherwise pretty bike. :haha:

Sliders are ready!

Will post some pictures of the new batch when I get a chance. Hopefully this evening.

Ready to ship whenever you are. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.