Eastbound and down... runnin' from the rain down the coast:

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really enjoyed your RR. Back in May of 09 I took a solo trip on my Harley Electra Glide from NH to Key West and back. Your RR bought back memories of that ride and excellent tips for my next one. I rode Skyline drive but missed out on the Dragon as it was closed due to two TT units meeting each other in a tight turn. I did find an amazing ride along the Nantahala River on W. Hwy 19 and onto the Great Smokey Mountain Expressway. I highly recommend that route going to or from Deals Gap. As much fun as I had on the HD I can't wait to do a trip like this on the FJR.

Thanks for all the comments, means a lot to know y'all read it and enjoyed "riding along" with me!

Twinrivers: You'll have a great trip on your new FJR, that part of the country is perfect for a sport touring bike! Glad I could share something that might help your next trip, W Hwy 19 sounds beautiful and I'll definitely get back down there again sometime next year... hopefully without rain and with my wallet! :)

VERY nice ride report! Thanks for taking the time to share with us.

And you're right - all the roads in Ohio do truly suck. So, a group of us are getting together in May down in Marietta to revel in those straight, flat roads. Join us! It'll be boring as hell.

Great read Linc, thanks for sharing it and the pics with us!

I keep an extra $100 on the bike for if (when) the wallet opportunity presents itself. I do like skooters method even better, might be time for a change.

--G

Maybe even keep a photocopy of your passport or license on the bike. You could put it inside one of those packing slip envelops and stick it to the inside of a compartment. I'm not sure how far a photocopy will get you but it's better than nothing. Especially if you were riding north or south of the border and lost your passport.

For whatever reason I am late reading this excellent Ride Report. My compliments on your ability to laugh at yourself. I did not find it too long or wordy at all. I appreciate you posting this.

What a great trip report. One thing about riding by yourself is the you reap the rewards whether good or bad and learn what a solo adventure has to offer up to you at the end of each day. You will have a life time of memories never to forget only to share.. I have done several twoweek rides solo and have been very rewarding... Keep on riding and you may want to consider heading west where the sun shines

Great trip report. I look forward to seeing more from you. Road trips like this are something special and are a good reminder of the joys that motorcycling can provide. Thanks for sharing your adventure!