Image Posting

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRScorpion

Reaction score
I cannot for the life of me get a successful picture to post on this forum. Is there a procedure? I've tried searching everything I can think of but only see some attempts in the "Test" topic area. Thanks :eek:

I must be blind, I've been through the "Help" section numerous times and don't see any relevant areas. This seems like a pretty important task that should be prominent. Do you know where in the 'Help' section? Thanks

I don't know where the Help section is myself, but I do know that you cannot upload pictures to this forum. They must be located on another server and linked. Some use Photobucket I think. I'm sure someone will chime in with some URL's.

At this point I'm guessing that there are some features turned on for some members and not for others. By the way, "Twowheelnut", since you added the Santa's cap on Don Knotts your avitar's resolution has greatly decreased (which may not show that way on your computer) but it's very clever. This way you can "dress" him for any occassion. Maybe I'll move on to avitars if I can lick this picture download thingy!

Yes, I understand the photobucket link thing but I have tried every combination including URLs and Image posting from "PutFile.com" and "PhotoBucker.com". Thanks, very frustrating!

I must be blind, I've been through the "Help" section numerous times and don't see any relevant areas. This seems like a pretty important task that should be prominent. Do you know where in the 'Help' section? Thanks
Well, just call me Mr. Don't-Know-It-All! I coulda sworn on a stack of Penthouses that there was a blurb in the Help section about posting pictures, but damned if I can find it for you!

And I know about Barney. Teerexx set me up with that and I guess the quality got degraded from photochop...

Since I work quite a bit of hours, this will be my only attempt to make this work, being a "free" day from Christmas. I was trying to share some PIX of my new backrest that Gary made for me with a pad from E-bay. But I've already spent most of the afternoon on this and really should move on to other things. So unless a moderator can give me a 'step by step' or point me to the procedure I'll be unsuccessful and just content with posting only text.

Same problem here for me. I cannot locate any information on how to post a photograph any where. Search function turned up this subject.

Longrider

1) Goto www.photobucket.com and create an account

2) Upload your picture there

On the bottom of the photobucket page you will see your picture.

Under the picture it will say URL, TAG, IMG

3) Copy the URL information.

4)Now go to this forum, post a message,

5) click on the IMG button, paste the copied url from photobucket in to the img window and your done.

Not straight forward but it works.

-=SF=-

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno if this will help any more than the HELP info...

Posting pixs:

1. Preliminaries--

You need some kind of web based photo storage. I use my own web site and Photobucket https://photobucket.com to store my pictures. Photobucket will place three different types of links below each picture you upload. The Photobucket IMG link can be copied/pasted directly into the Forum.

Prepare your pictures by reducing them to less than 800 x 600 pixels. My Kancamagus pictures were mostly 640 x 480 (see trip reports)

Save your formatted pictures on your computer using a common file format such as JPG for good file compression. You can also use GIF, BMP, etc. but file the size is unfriendly. File size I aim for a file size ~50-60K but have posted a 200k file (dial-up guys probably hate big picture files).

2. Upload your pictures to what ever web based storage you choose. Retain the URL to your pictures. This is a sample URL to a picture of my car on my web site https://home.tiac.net/~ionbeam/speed.jpg

3. Go to the FJRForum and go to the topic to which you want to post. Click on the IMG button and paste or type in the URL to your picture then click OK --- Done! You should see a line that looks like this:

{IMG]https://home.tiac.net/~ionbeam/speed.jpg[/img} Note that I used curly brackets so you could see the line, else it would have displayed the picture here.

4. That's it. Click Preview and sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labors

Alan

FYi, if you copy say IMG from photbucket completely and then click on IMG on the fjrforum you will end up with {IMG]{IMG]https://www[/img}[img} You will need to remove one set of for it to work.

Just a technicallity but important...