Pulling a trailer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scab

I got nothin' here...
Reaction score
Has anyone out there used their FJR to pull a trailer? If so, where did you find a hitch to fit the FJR?

Uni-Go trailer is kewl!!! Albeit $$$$$.

As you can see below, there are many other options. Below is forum member bvail's (Bob Vail) faggoty-ass trailer set-up. I must admit, it didn't slow him down much. He is very knowledgeable on all things motorcycle trailer, having owned several in his many, many years of existence on this planet. :fuck:

I would recommend PM'ing or emailing him if you would like more information as I don't think he is on the board much anymore.

WFO-3052.jpg

Thanks for the info. I have blasted off an email to bvail for details on his hitch.

I built my own hitch for my uni-go trailer. I think they were asking about $350 for it from Uni-go at the time.

Grady A. Dunham

dunhamg, do you have any pics of your hitch fab?
Yeah Grady, post 'em so we can see.

Also we would be interested in your experience with the Uni-Go. OR at least I am. Is it working for you? How do ya like it on the road? Any handling concerns?

It looks like a good solution to me but would really like to hear an FJR owners experience.

Between my Dad and I we used to share the use of a Escapade. I was always impressed with it but the way the lid opened was awkward for loading.

When we got the FJR we were not going to bother with a trailer. Then we planned a trip from Canada down to Texas and back and changed our minds. We ended up getting a Bushtec Turbo+2.

They use a non-standard pin hitch, not the usual ball hitch. But on the up side they sold a hitch specifically designed for the FJR. Bolted the hitch on in half an hour with no problems whatsoever. They also recomended an electrical isolator box for hooking up the lights. This also went in without too many problems. The instructions were written specifically for the FJR and even listed the wire colors on the bike for hooking into with the wiring. i was very impressed with the install.

As for towing. No problem at all. We picked the trailer up on the way to the 2005 EOM. From there we went through Atlanta, and then through Houston and down to Mission Texas before turning for home. 10,000 kilometers and it towed without a problem. Even drove through Deals Gap while towing the trailer. I have been very impressed with this trailer!

FJRTrailer-001.jpg

FJRTrailer-002.jpg

Below is forum member bvail's (Bob Vail) faggoty-ass trailer set-up.
Now just what in the hell is that supposed to mean :) Now my idea of a faggoty-ass trailer set-up is the purse on a wheel AKA Uni-Go. Kinda like having one cojone :D Just kidding Grady.

He is very knowledgeable on all things motorcycle trailer, having owned several in his many, many years of existence on this planet.
Still puttin' along after all these years - just happy to be here :lol:

I must admit, it didn't slow him down much.
It was those danged 4-wheelers that slowed me down. :blink: